We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30 Days in Cyprus

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
30 Days in Cyprus

Hello Guys,

I really need someone's help here!!

What are the best places in Cyprus that worth a visit?

I'm planning a trip THROUGHOUT Cyprus!!!

I'm very open-minded, so everything goes :)

Thanks for everyone's help.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,620 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30 Days in Cyprus

Wow you are lucky having 30 days. You should be able to pretty much cover the whole island in that length of time. Not sure if you are interested in spending time on the beach if so you will find the best beaches on the Eastern side of the island Ayia Napa, Pernera, Protaras etc so you may want to spend some time there. For culture you need to be on the other side of the island. There are the Mosaics and the Tomb of the Kings in Paphos and also a nice harbour. Limassol has a castle and is close to Kourion. A visit to Nicosia would be worthwhile and also a trip to the Troodos mountains and the mountain villages. While driving between Paphos and Limassol you could stop at Aphrodite's rock. The Akamas Peninsula is also a great place to visit.

There is actually a lot of information about all of these places on this site if you explore the green tabs at the top of the page.

I am not sure where you will be flying into but if it is Larnaca then you could either base yourselves there for a few days or Limassol and if you are flying into Paphos you could perhaps stay there for a while. Cyprus is very easy to drive around and you will see many places sign posted while driving around that may tempt you.

Hope this gives you a general idea but please ask if you have any specific questions.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30 Days in Cyprus

Hi, when are you planning on visiting Cyprus,the eastern side of the island is pretty much closed for the season until around easter time.

I would recommend a trip to Nicosia have a wander around the walled city then cross over the checkpoint into northern Nicosia you will notice the difference in culture there are some lovely old buildings there I love the Bayuk Han , you will need your passport to cross over to the north.

other places in Northern Cyprus worth a visit are the ghost town of varosha, walled city of famagusta, kyrenia and Salamis ruins.

Twigs has mentioned a few of the sites , there is also Kolossi Castle , Limassol old port area is worth a visit ,

pissouri village with its cypriot charm, and the troodos mountains/ omoodohs village.

I would stay in two or three different areas to make sightseeing easier. but I would help if you gave us an idea of what your interests are.

The above sites may help .Julie

Edited: 09 January 2014, 21:19
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 30 Days in Cyprus

4. Re: 30 Days in Cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 06:18
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question