We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teenager Alone in Nicosia

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
233 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Teenager Alone in Nicosia

Dear Travelers,

I am a teenager thinking about traveling to Cyprus and Nicosia to be precise. Is it safe for me as a 17 years old teenager to travel alone ? Please note that I do not intend to drink alcohol or smoke cigaretts. I want to discover the ruins and such not to mention that I want to go to a resort for a day trip. Thank you in advance.

Hamad

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

You may need to check the airline that you intend to fly with as some airlines have a minimum age for unaccompanied teenagers to fly. Personally I would recommend that you at least have one companion as we have a saying, "safety in numbers"

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
46 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

Dear Hamad

Nicosia is a safe place to be as long as you dont get lost in the suburbs or the narrow alleys at night.

Drinking at bars or clubs in not a big issue however avoid drinking during the day, smoking is not a problem however indoors is not permitted.

I would suggest you book a hotel near the city and use the bus or walk around the areas of your interest.

If you want to go to a resort i would suggest you visit limassol, larnaca and pafos.

Good luck

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

Cyprus is a pretty vey safe place as long as mentioned above you don't get lost late in the night, however even then is still not so dangerous. if you are interested in the history of the island you can visit Paphos, is about two hours from Nicosia but has many of the important archeological places.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

Hi, if you are staying in Nicosia have a look at the at the Classic Hotel or the Holiday inn both they are near each other and in a good location within the walls , close to the checkpoint if you wish to have a look around the northern side occupied by the Turkish. And convenient for the inter-city bus station if you wish to visit Larnaca and Limassol/Paphos . But I think being alone and the first time in Cyprus try to find a guided tour your hotel should have some info. You may make some friends in your hotel to hang out with at night.Julie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

Hi, again sorry About the 2nd post I was going to add this to the above but I got timed out. To be honest if you are flying into Larnaca ,I would stay there , you can easily get to Nicosia/ Limassol or Paphos from there all the buses stop on Larnaca prom. and if you stay around the areas near the prom it will not be so confusing to get back to your apartment in the evenings ,I would recommend the Frangeorgio /Petru Brothers /Livadhistios or the opera. take a look at booking.com Julie

6. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 22:35
cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

Mixalis why give your phone number to a teenager after so many months?

This is a travel forum .

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

Reported as inappropriate

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

cylib ,I have also reported the post.Julie

10. Re: Teenager Alone in Nicosia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2016, 07:16