We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North or South Cyprus?

Thame, England...
Level Contributor
53 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
North or South Cyprus?

I've just reposted this - thanks for the reply Lanzafan - I realised I'd made a typo in the title and it was bothering me!

We'd like to visit Cyprus next summer for a 2 week holiday. We have seen villas in both the North and the South, but can't decide which area to go to. We like relaxed, laid back holidays, experiencing local culture and sight seeing. We have 3 children so need somewhere family friendly.

Any advice on the differences between north and south. Both look beautiful.

Thank you!

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North or South Cyprus?

Hi, why don't you go to the south and hire a car and cross the border to the North? You can't take north cars to the south though! Most hire companies in the south allow you to cross but you will need to buy insurance at the border.

All the best

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,985 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North or South Cyprus?

Hi, I agree with the above have a look at Pernera on the eastern side its great for families and laid back ,you can always visit nearby Protaras and ayia napa for a change of scenery and take day trips to the north.make sure that you advise the car hire firm that you are going to the north as some do not allow , petsas do. I think that there are some companies in the north that will let you take the car into the south ,it would be better if you asked that question on the Kyrenia forum .Julie

Cyprus
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: North or South Cyprus?

I would say South Cyprus. Near Protaras and Ayia Napa or in Paphos. I think there are more things to see and do. It may be more expensive, though, I am not sure about that. Then, you can hire a car and go to the north, as a trip around the island, it's very easy (good high ways) and short distances. :)

4. Re: North or South Cyprus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:16