We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

Dubai, United Arab...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

I have made my bookings for 6 day holiday next week and proposing to follow the route below East to West.. We have booked car on hire from airport till the end..so have flexibility that way..hotel bookings done at relevant cities

Need travel suggestion in around the places from you Cyprus experts... tips on what we may have missed, place or things that makes sense to must see or do and can cover on this route... we're trying to see whatever best we can in 6 days without making it crazy hectic

Day1 - Arrive at Larnaca airport at noon, spend day and 1st night in Larnaca - (drive through Limossol during next day) to Paphos

Day 2 - arrive in Paphos...how much time to reach Paphos driving via Limassol area ? spend 2nd night in Paphos

Day 3 - check out Paphos - go via Bath of Aphrodite, do a vine tour - circle to Platres Forest area (stay in Forest Park Hotel) ..not sure this is same as Troodos Mountain area ?

Day 4 - out of Trodoos Mountain area - via Nicosia city - into Aiya Nappa (drive through Nicosia, is it worth it or should we avoid it totally ? ), we will stay 2 nights in Aiya Nappa hotel

Day 5 - Aiya Napaa

Day 6 - Come down to Larnaca, get flight out later that evening

As I'm staying in Larnaca on my 1st day, we may drive though Limassol... or is it worth spending more time or 1st Night there ..if I have to choose to stay between Larnaca and Limassol..which one should it be...I can change my hotel booking upto tonight with no costs.

Anything else, we missing, and must do ?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Larnaca Airport
Larnaca Airport
Larnaca, Cyprus
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Platres
Platres
Troodos Hotel
Troodos Hotel
251 Reviews
Troodos, Cyprus
Nicosia
Nicosia
Nicosia District, Cyprus
cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
346 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

Well, there are plenty to do and see in these 6 days, it all depends to what interests you.

Next to Larnaca airport by the salt lake is the Hala Sultan Tekke, if you are a muslim you will probably want to stop here.

Larnaca city centre is has a nice promenade for a stroll.

Limassol is much more cosmopolitan than Larnaca, if you prefer a quieter place you should stick to Larnaca, otherwise head to Limassol. On the way from Larnaca to Limasso you can stop to Chirokitia Neolithic settlement or Amathuw ruins.

On the way from Limassol to Paphos you could check the Kourion archaeological site with the Roman theatre as the main attraction (great views there, too). Another option would be Aphrodite's Rock (Petra tou Romiou.

In Paphos you should check the archaeological park next to the harbour with the famous mosaics.

Platres hotel is in the Troodos area. You can visit Kykkos Monastery or other churches with beautiful frescoes included in the Unesco world heritage sites.

Nicosia is well worth visiting, but i will require quite a lot of your time, so not sure whether it is a good option to stop when your travelling from platres to ayia napa will require a good 2-2:30 hours.

It is a quite packed program until now, I guess you deserve a couple of days of rest in Ayia Napa :)

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca Airport
Larnaca Airport
Larnaca, Cyprus
Hala Sultan Tekke
Hala Sultan Tekke
613 Reviews
Larnaca, Cyprus
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Kourion
Kourion
2,192 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Aphrodite's Rock
Aphrodite's Rock
3,115 Reviews
Kouklia, Cyprus
Platres
Platres
Troodos Hotel
Troodos Hotel
251 Reviews
Troodos, Cyprus
Ayia Napa Monastery
Ayia Napa Monastery
1,312 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Nicosia
Nicosia
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

Hi on route to Larnaca from the Airport take a drive around the lovely salt lake home of the Hala Sultan Tekke Mosque it is a very impressive sight it is not far about a six minute drive from the airport.

I don't know where you would be staying in Larnaca if you are in the town center there is a lovely promenade lined with restaurants and a couple of bars on one side and the beach on the other with a marina at the top end it makes a nice place to chill out in the evening after a flight.

Limassol is only a 45 minute drive away so I would spend the night in Larnaca carry on to Limassol on route to Paphos ,visit Limassol Castle down near the old port ,then on you way to Paphos head 9 miles west of Limassol to Kolossi Castle after that carry on for another three miles to the Kourion Ruins ,then carry on to Paphos.

If Castles and ruins are not your thing you could stop off at Pissouri half way between Limassol-Paphos,the bay is lovely the top village is about three miles up the hill only 20 minutes from Paphos has retained its Cypriot charm.

www.exclusively_pissouri.com/

you can view the other things I have mentioned click the things to do tab on the Larnaca/Limassol forums at the top of the page.Julie

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Hala Sultan Tekke
Hala Sultan Tekke
613 Reviews
Larnaca, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Limassol Castle
Limassol Castle
960 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Kolossi Castle
Kolossi Castle
901 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Kourion
Kourion
2,192 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,117 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

Looks like a good plan to me!

If you're choosing between Larnaca and Limassol, I would choose Larnaca. Limassol is a huge sprawling town and with such limited time I don't think you'll get a feel for it.

A leisurely drive from Larnaca to Paphos will take about 2 hours, but there are a couple of places worth stopping at.. Kourion archaeological site is worth at least an hour, and if you're there around lunch time there are 3-4 good tavernas on the beach with plenty of parking. Petra tou Romiou is spectacular when driving along the coast road, but just a photo stop will probably be enough.

When in Paphos, the harbour is the obvious place to head and the Archaeological park is right there.

I would by-pass Nicosia. You would need longer than you have to make a visit there worthwhile.

Happy travels!

Trisha

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Paphos
Paphos
Paphos District, Cyprus
Kourion
Kourion
2,192 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Nicosia
Nicosia
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

Hi, here is the correct link to Pissouri ,I have to agree with the above posts stay in Larnaca over night Limassol is big and spread out it can come across as a bit of a rat race .Julie

www.exclusively-cyprus.com/restaurants.htm

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Limassol
Limassol
Dubai, United Arab...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

Thanks all you guys harrisalk, Julie, Trisha... this is really helpful ...improves the worth of our trip. I'm not a muslim, a Hindu actually, but may stll pass by the mosque you mention at the Larnaca Salt lake...also, pissouri sounds lovely, so as Petra tou Romiou and other archaeological sites & chruches... will see as much we can..hopefully without getting lost :)

Quick follow ups:

1. If we were to touch Nicosia, what can we cover. I do want to drive or pas by the green line although I'm told its not actually green ;) .....anything else, quickly enroute to Aiya Nappa or a suggested alternative route fro Trodoos to Aiya Nappa through another city

2. Suggestions on what is must do in Aiya Nappa (or links to useful posts Im sure its been a topic of interest).. I'm told it takes partying to another level .... to want to make it memorable

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Larnaca
Larnaca
Larnaka District, Cyprus
Larnaka Salt Lake
Larnaka Salt Lake
1,029 Reviews
Larnaca, Cyprus
Nicosia
Nicosia
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

Hi, again On Nicosia I would walk around the walls ,potter around Laki Yetionia the old neighbourhood on the northern side make sure to see the Bayuk Han [great in ] I think that it would be best to cover Nicosia /Napa on separate days but don,t miss out on the Troodos .

On Ayia Napa take a drive to cape greco the scenery is stunning .for info on the Napa party scene post on the Napa forum Miss_Chief1 knows that area better than I do ,but you may find it quiet at this time of year as the season is only just starting up.Julie

Just to add in Napa visit Nissi beach

Edited: 17 April 2014, 13:19
Mentioned in this post
Nicosia
Nicosia
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Troodos Hotel
Troodos Hotel
251 Reviews
Troodos, Cyprus
Ayia Napa
Ayia Napa
Famagusta District, Cyprus
Nissi Beach
Nissi Beach
5,742 Reviews
Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Dubai, United Arab...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

Cool...thanks Julie :)

8. Re: Travel suggestions, places to see on 6 days trip next week ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:16