We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carp fishing in dam

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Carp fishing in dam

Hi hoping to convince my husband to spend a week in Cyprus..never visited before, he loves carp fishing would I be better flying to larnaca or paphos ?... Would love a location with beach for me and an easy drive to a dam for him thank you

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
28 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carp fishing in dam

There are 21 Reservoirs in the South of Cyprus all with fish stocks, a license is required to fish them. You can get a license to fish only one dam or all of them. There is a Dam, Germasoyia, which is close to Limassol. This offers quite good fishing with easy access. Limassol is between Paphos and Larnaca Airports so fly to either. There are fishing tackle shops in Limassol that can advise on baits, access etc.

Regards

Alan

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Carp fishing in dam

Thank you Alan for the information I will look up the dam... There seems to be more flights to paphos so this area would be great.. Thanks again

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Carp fishing in dam

There's a great place in Ayia napa!! Fish bowls all round!!

Hamburg, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Carp fishing in dam

Hi,

I might be late for this, but just in case :

From a touristic point of view Paphos is nicer than Larnaca. There are dams everywhere. About 20-25 are open for fishing. They all stock Carp, some of them in huge quantities, so he might catch more quantities than big sized ones.

A Map of the Dams : www.agrino.org/fishing/htmldocs/mapdams.html

Kouris and Yermasogeia are among the best for Carp, but all dams have a good stock.

he should get in contact with : http://www.cyprusfaa.com/index.php?lang=eng for more information

cheers

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Carp fishing in dam

Many thanks for your reply and advice .. We travelled in September visted two dams but caught no fish!.. Will look at these dams next time thanks again

6. Re: Carp fishing in dam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2015, 06:16