We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which resort ?

London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
which resort ?

Hi all,

we are looking at going to cyprus early august and are unsure what resort to go to. It will be me and my friend going with my youngest son, her youngest daughter and their two partners. They are 16/17 and we are mid forties.

We want somewhere that is quite lively but not party mad , has a good atmosphere and nice beaches , can anyone recommend a resort and any nice 4 or 5 star hotels ??

Thank youu :)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,712 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which resort ?

The best beaches are on the Eastern side of the island. Having said that I have just spent ten days paddling in the sea in Limassol. The sand is dark but I enjoy the beach area around the Amathus Beach Hotel (five star), the Mediterranean Beach Hotel (4 star) and the Four Seasons (5 star). Also the beach is quite nice around the St Raphael Resort at the quieter end of Limassol and there are some good beach cafe's at that end.

You can catch the number 30 bus all along the coast road in Limassol right up to the old town.

Paphos has a nice harbour but the beaches tend to be rocky.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,976 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which resort ?

Hi, have a look at Pernera on the eastern side only a 20 minute stroll from Protaras or you could have a look at Larnaca plenty going on there but not over the top.Julie

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which resort ?

Thanks everyone Not 100% sure if it is Cyprus now so we will look around and see, need to book soon before I spend all of my wages though !!

Thank you for the info :)

4. Re: which resort ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 06:24