We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dates confirmed so now time to plan where to stay!

england
Level Contributor
898 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
dates confirmed so now time to plan where to stay!

hiya myself and my daughter who will turn 22 when we are hopefully in Rhodes are looking for your expertise in helping us choose where to stay here is our flexible criteria

2 weeks appx 28th Aug - 11th Sept flying from Birmingham UK

1. All Inclusive beachside hotel?

2. Entertainment in evening

3. pool

4. walking distance of local town/village/harbour

5. boat trips

6. day trips out

7. not party area

I hope this all makes sense trying to remember what my daughter said! but basically we are looking for a lovely hotel with pool and pref on the beach with some entertainment day or evening but in walking distance of local town/harbour etc we could stroll to some days/evenings. My daughter luckily is not a party animal she likes to see the sights and go for trips out for the day thankfully ,,,Im getting too old for lycra and glow sticks :-)

any ideas greatly appreciated

regards

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dates confirmed so now time to plan where to stay!

It would help if you tell us which airport you are flying in to?

england
Level Contributor
898 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dates confirmed so now time to plan where to stay!

well we are not sure yet as not sure where to stay although we are thinking of Ayia Napa area so I guess that would be Paphos?

Bognor Regis...
Level Contributor
208 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dates confirmed so now time to plan where to stay!

Are you going to Rhodes as in your first report or is it Cyprus. If the latter then Larnaca would be the usual airport for Ayia Napa. The Nissi Beach / Sandy Bay area is within a twenty minute walk of the town centre but far enough out to be quiet. Plenty of hotels etc to choose from and I can recommend the Pavlo Napa Beach Hotel.

Wherever you end up have a great time.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,966 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dates confirmed so now time to plan where to stay!

If you are going to Cyprus and not Rhodes and want to stay in Ayia Napa then you need to fly to Larnaca.

Paphos airport is around 2.5 hours drive to Ayia Napa, whereas Larnaca is only 30 minutes.

Alternatively, fly to Paphos and stay in Paphos

Edited: 26 June 2014, 16:23
england
Level Contributor
898 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dates confirmed so now time to plan where to stay!

hi we are still deciding which country to go to and narrowed it down to 3 ..was so much easier when my girls were children lol I thought we would ask the question in the 3 forums and then narrow it down if Cyprus then the Nissi area looks ideal but thank you for all the comments and advise. and hello Bognor Regis I was brought up there!

6. Re: dates confirmed so now time to plan where to stay!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 06:16