We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in cyprus in November - hot enough for a tan?

UK
7 posts
Save Topic
weather in cyprus in November - hot enough for a tan?

Hi there

My first trip to Cyprus is in the middle of November. Having only been to the Greek Islands - I fancy a late holiday. Can anyone confirm if the weather is hot in November - would I be able to sit on a beach and get a tan still ? Any comments MUCH APPRECIATED.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
1. Re: weather in cyprus in November - hot enough for a tan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2007, 13:01
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in cyprus in November - hot enough for a tan?

We have just returned from Pernera - fantastic weather but thunderstorms were breaking just as we left. Still warm enough to sit on the beach and swim in sea - you tend to get a better tan because the sun is not so intense as is the case in July and August and it is much more comfortable. The evenings do however get dark quite quickly, sun came up early but it was dark by 6.30pm. If you are an avid sun worshipper mid November may be just a little too late for intense sun bathing but you should still get a decent tan (or take your St Tropez with you!!)

Mentioned in this post
Pernera Beach Hotel
Pernera Beach Hotel
1,312 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Saint-Tropez
Saint-Tropez
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Knutsford, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in cyprus in November - hot enough for a tan?

I just want to agree with most of what Kath said, as usual we agree!

I've been to Cyprus 3 times during November. I have to say it isnt my favourite month to go - it DOES go dark early and you can probably expect some rain. If it rains it's likely to be heavy showers rather than raining all day long. The temps are usually around the mid 70's in mid-November, but it can be quite breezy and get cool in the shade. It can get chilly at night - definitely take something warm to cover up with at night. Last time we went in November was in 2004 - it rained so hard one night and was so windy that I thought I was back at home!

You will be able to sit on the beach, but maybe not all day every day. For me the best months to visit are May, September and October. But one thing is guaranteed - Cyprus will be warmer than UK!

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
4. Re: weather in cyprus in November - hot enough for a tan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 02:18