We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cyprus car hire (again!)

Kenilworth UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cyprus car hire (again!)

I posted a question on the London forum, which was a bit daft as I want to know about car hire in Paphos!

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have had a quotation from 'Carjet', how do they rate? Any help would be appreciated, I want to hire for 2 weeks from 24th Febraury

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
763 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

Shame you just miss all the carnival celebrations but it will not be so crowded so I would hire when you get there. Look around for best local deals. I would prebook from May to October, but in Feb. you should find really good local prices.

Where are you staying in Paphos? The term Paphos covers quite a large area.

2. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2007, 12:51
Kenilworth UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

Thanks for that, following what you both say, I will wait until I get there

Tony

Polis, Cyprus
Level Contributor
178 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

I use Petsas and Sons...do a search and you will find them. They have a cubicle at Paphos Airport. You can book on line and pay when you arrive. You also pay for a tank of petrol but leave the car empty when returning to the airport. Upgraded their cars last year, I usually get a Polo, which is the smallest option. Never let me down yet!!!

Kenilworth UK
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

Thanks for that, I'll look at their site

Tony

East Sussex
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

I would definitely sort it out when you get there, in Paphos all the car rental people are in coompetition so offer good rates. We usually do a deal whereby we agree to bring the car back with a full petrol tank - this way you will only pay for the petrol you use, rather than pay in advance for a full tank and maybe not use it all - or try and run it down really low before you take it back, and run out! If you do it this way, you wont have to pay their rates for a full petrol tank, which is always more than if you filled it yourselves. You just tell them you will bring it back with the same amount of fuel in it as when you took it.

We are out there from 11 April and I am already counting the days, can't wait to go back.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
131 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

On our last 2 trips to Paphos, we've booked a car through :-

https://www.economycarrentals.com

They have very competitive rates and will arrange for you to pick up and drop off the car at the airport, saving approx £20 taxi fare each way. We found them to be very professional and intend to use them again when we go on the 28th of this month.

Why not check out their web site and compare prices - it's worth a try.

Have a good holiday - we might see you there !!!!!!!!!

derby
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

car hire in reply to Beedubua topic on economycarrental thinking of booking with them as there price is very good. Is their insurance fully comp or third party. where in paphos is their office. would you reccommend them please reply or any other companys tried easycar more expensive so is pestas. thanks

Derby, England
Level Contributor
372 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

Our flight arives past mid night does any one know if it's possible to hire a car from the airport at this time?

10. Re: cyprus car hire (again!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 16:16