We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ist Time

England
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ist Time

1st time in Cyprus family of four, have heard great reviews from a friend. Staying in Coral cove area. Whats the best bits and the not so great. Your tips we would be glad to read.

Many thanks :-)

CYPRUS
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ist Time

By family of four = 2 adults & 2 children?

Then the Paphos animal park is a great morning (1/2 day visit), even my 12 year old liked it and she is jaded.

Antiquities galore in Paphos: Tombs of the kings, the mosaics at Paphos harbour, a must see.

Further afield you have the Chrisoroyiattissa monastery and winery (superb wines)

Up to Troodos, the Vouni Donkey sunctuary. Visit the village of Omodhos for wines and a stroll in the small streets. Continue to Platres to walk the trails of Caledonian Waterfalls! amongst others. The UNESCO protected painted churches of the Troodos a worth while trip

Back to the coast the Curium amphitheatre and then ofcourse the waterparks! I like the Phasouri one, but the one in Paphos is quite good too.

Enjoy !

England
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ist Time

Thankyou Bluebell. Have noted your info. Hubby and I are coming with our 2 boys 12 and 14yrs. They are into relaxing and chilling def. not rides and loud things so the ideas you have suggested are perfect. Esp. the donkeys:-)

uk
Level Contributor
792 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ist Time

HI bubbles, you dont say were your going and what time of year. Its really hot , was 47 when we went so lots of chilling to do. We went on a camel ride one year. You really need to higher a car with aircon and go look around all the little places hidden in the corners of the maps. We fell in love with Cyprus years ago and now its a little commercial in some parts but with a car you can see the true culture. I no that you dont do sand but if you do the sea there is alot of diving clubs. We did a lot of snorkling as my boy was younger. He would point under the water to me at the many fish. I was a little scared to be honest when they came near me.

uk
Level Contributor
792 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ist Time

Oh soz re- read your staying at Coral cove area.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ist Time

Just a small contribution to keep this aling forum afloat.

I meant it when I said have a wonderful time on this jewel of an island.

England
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ist Time

Vegas your quite welcome to visit anytime.Your wisdom is always welcome:-)

Blacksapphire, im sooooo in the holiday mood im eating a choc ice!

The camels we might do I think the boys will love that. You can take a donkey for a walk at the donkey sanctuary, thats a def. to do. Been on the phone to my friend who has a place near where we are staying and am trying to get her to go on tripadvisor , one must try and compete with the sociable Orlando forum. We are going 2nd week of May so the temp will be hopefully perfect for us pale hobbits. We are hiring a car but am unsure if got A/C will have to check. Did you go up the mountains or see the turtles?

Thanks for postingxx

uk
Level Contributor
792 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ist Time

Went in may first time and I was a little cold the first few nights. Hubby and kids were ok. Hubby loved it most because its has a breeze, not a breeze you can feel but one that stops you feeling sticky. If that makes sence. He and my boy burn just looking at the sun. I like it really hot but you have to look after your skin both ways.

Did not go up the mountains because thought kids were a bit young. Some say it brill some say not. My brother went and he said it gets freezing near the top and you can not believe peple are roasting at the bottom, he seamed to like it. We went to the camel park with our higher car saves a bit of dosh that way. Nice little place you can feed them etc and it has a small pool there, we went to see when the tour bus was going and went on another day. Be carefull getting off haaha. The people who live in cyprus are all so friendly, at the camel park one said he would video us with my camcorder as we went round which I thought was nice of him. Once when one of our friends went to the chemist it was shut and a man said you no worry I take you in my car to main town. He did and brought them back with no charge.

We found when we went back it had changed alot in the main towns,also it had just come into the euro. We spent alot of money and was a bit sad to see it had lost some of the culture. So my advice is dont spend two much time in main towns.

Food is really nice, I like their spag boll, dont really eat it here and their salads are nice and fresh not sad. All your usual holiday grub.

We went to the farmagusta point place where you can read and stand on a pole and look at the war zone etc. I like reading things like that so I liked it.

Bit hard really as we are beech people and spend alot of time in the sea. My boy wears factor 50 sun shirts as he burns, one day we had him a normal t shirt on and he was red under it with in the hour, so be carefull with your boys if your burners.

All my family like it here and keep going back, my nephew went go cart racing in the older car one with my dad when they went so guess their lots to do if you want to. If I think of anything else will let you no chow for now.

England
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ist Time

Thank you Blacksapphire I have saved your post. We all burn except hubby who is a nice olive colour already, however last year in this country he even got heat rash, told him it was his age! What ever sun protection I seem to use I burn so will have to get a big hat ;-),

Hubby would love to go to farmagusta point. I really had no idea that there was so much to do, we are really excited.

Hows your Orlando planning going? Think your choice of Staybridge suites is good bet you are all excited time goes so quick my children are already counting down the days.

Thanks for replying to my postxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

uk
Level Contributor
792 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ist Time

Hi bubbles going to ask rest of family what they did at Cyprus so will keep you and your new forum afloat. Dont really know alot about coral cove but it sound very nice you will have to fill me in TTFNxxxxxxxxxxxx

10. Re: Ist Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 06:19