We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what currancy please

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
what currancy please

Hi Everyone

Please can you tell me what currancy do i need to take to Northern Cyprus for my trip in Aug, getting conflicting info

many thanks

Ann

Pune, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what currancy please

Any international currency (USD/Euro) would do. It would be better to change them into the loical currency (Lira) once you are there, because you would lose a bit on every deal if you are paying with USD/Euro

Surrey. Uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what currancy please

Hi. Take UK£ & change them there. There are 2 Currency Exchange places on the High Street & 1 opposite the Dome Hotel on the Harbour. The rate there is far better than in the UK. We never take TL with us, you can also draw UK£ or TL from the Link cash machines at the HSBC bank, instructions in English. Hope that helps.

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what currancy please

Any currency goes in Northern Cyprus. I have paid in £ coins, Egyptian and Syrian.

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
320 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what currancy please

We generally take a small amount of lira - maybe £50 worth, just for emergency use on arrival. Then, we just keep topping up from cash points. I understand that the exchange rate available in Kyrenia is much better than in the UK. We don't like carrying large amounts of cash - in any currency - when we travel hence using the cashpoints - and there are plenty of them. You pay a quid or so for each withdrawal but its worth it.

Allie

5. Re: what currancy please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations