We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

october in Kyrenia

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
october in Kyrenia

I am thinking of travelling to Kyrenia in the October half term week 24/10. I will be travelling alone (40yr old female, can anyone tell me what the weather will be like and what would be a good friendly hotel? I have been looking at the Dome or the Pia Bella as I would like to be near the centre. I am considering booking with Direct traveller as they fly from Birmingham but they only go into Larnaca, has any one been with the company or is there a better option ?

thanks

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: october in Kyrenia

Pia Bella an ideal hotel for the Solo female traveller, you'll be looked after well, the old harbour is a 10-15 minute walk away. Temps will be around 25 degrees, The only Birmingham - Ercan flight is with CTA and they only fly on Mondays, the journey from Larnaca to the Pia Bella would be around 75 mins.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: october in Kyrenia

thanks for the reply. I will most likely book via direct traveller who fly into Larnaca. Could you recommend a hotel that is more central or is it better to be a little out of town?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,123 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: october in Kyrenia

Hi,

These sites may halp re: weather:

Check out this site. In the middle of the page (History & Almanac) you can put in any date from 1996 and it will give you the weather on that given day/week/month

http://www.wunderground.com.

Weather2Travel.com is also good & can tell you humidity, hrs of sunshine etc.

Regards

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: october in Kyrenia

thank you that was a really good site and the weather doesn't look too bad

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: october in Kyrenia

Sorrento,

I stayed at the Dome for 2-weeks several years ago in late September. The weather was warm aand dry, perfect for lazy days at the pool and strolling around Kyrenia.

The Dome's greatest asset is that it's central, immediately adjacent to the sea and a short and scenic walk to the castle. It has a charming and helpful staff, although the property is circa 1950s.

If you're interested in the beach, the Dome is the wrong hotel. If you're interested in being in the center of the historical part of the city, the Dome is the best choice.

The Dome caters to an older clientele, primarily British, and most on half-board. With so many wonderful and eclectic restaurants in the vicinity, I chose the breakfast plan only.

6. Re: october in Kyrenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia