We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches, prices and info about Kyrenia

south-west
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches, prices and info about Kyrenia

Hello Everyone

I am coming to Northern Cyprus for the first time in Sept 09. We are staying in Alsancak near Kyrenia and I wondered if anyone knows the area and knows if there are any restaurants in Alsancak itself or if we will need to go into Kyrenia.

Also I was wondering how much a meal and drink normally cost? I am really unsure how expensive it is there.

Finally I am getting a bit confused about beaches, I have read that there are some nice beaches in Alsancak but from what I can make out they are private beaches?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
458 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches, prices and info about Kyrenia

Hi

If you search this forum you will find lots of info on beaches, restaurants etc. There are a lot of restaurants in the Alsancak area - look for a recent post from me which lists quite a few within a 15 minute drive, some in Alsancak itself. You will probably find you spend around £15 per head but it depends on what you eat and how much and how much and what you drink. If you stick to Cypriot food and Cypriot branded drinks you will save a lot of money. The best value are the mezes which run out at about £15 for all you can eat and most include coffee and liquor at the end.

There are both private and public beaches in the area and which you prefer is a personal choice. The private ones are cleaned daily (public ones not) and the price of access included lounger, umbrella and access to facilities like lockers, showers, loos. Some people like this very "developed" but comfortable experience. Other people like to find a secluded cove and do their own thing....

You'll have a fab time I'm sure.

Allie

2. Re: Beaches, prices and info about Kyrenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2009, 05:29
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations