We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Green, or Riverside Holiday Villages, Alcansak?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Green, or Riverside Holiday Villages, Alcansak?

Came to NC a couple of years ago and stayed at the Oscars resort. Nice hotel but not a lot in the immediate vicinity outside. Also having sampled their beer prices and beach can understand many of the comments on this forum. It wasn’t the lost Med paradise I was expecting. .

Anyway coming back for a week’s hols, and thinking of the Green or Riverside Holiday Village. I think these are in the village of Alsancak? However would really welcome any advice on the relative merits of their location.

Would like to have bars and restaurants within reasonable walking distance of the hotel. Any advice on nearby beaches also appreciated, even if chargeable appreciated.

Cheers

Karsiyaka, TRNC
Level Contributor
828 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Green, or Riverside Holiday Villages, Alcansak?

Hi Corum

You haven't said what you are looking for from your accommodation other than walking distance to other amenities. If you want just cheap and cheerful there is a new place opened up near Riverside called Park Lane. It has a nice bar and restaurant and 16 studio apartments set around a pool. They have been refurbished this year and look quite comfortable. There are at least 2 or 3 restaurants in walking distance.

http://parklanenorthcyprus.com/default.asp

I stayed at Riverside a few years ago and it is popular but I think could do with a spruce up. Green is quite new and is located on the main Lapta to Kyrenia road although the accommodation is away from the main road. I haven't been inside so cannot give any advice.

Jo

wallington,surrey
Level Contributor
228 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Green, or Riverside Holiday Villages, Alcansak?

I was shown around Greens Holiday village when it had just been built and was very impressed with the apartments,a nice complex set back from the main road.However have never stayed there so cant comment on service or ambience there,perhaps other reviewers can provide more info.

Friends of ours have stayed at Riverside and when we visited them there were not impressed at all could do with some updating and cleanliness did not appear to be a priority.

If you want to stay at Alsansak you couldnt do any better than Almond Holiday Village,just take a look at the reviews which speak for themself.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Green, or Riverside Holiday Villages, Alcansak?

Cheers for that

I didn't put too much emphasis on the actual hotels because, although I don't like staying in substandard accommodation, I was trying to get an idea of the position of these two hotels relative to Alcansak. I know where Oscars, The Colony and The Dome etc are, but know nothing about the Alcansak area.

I've seen quite a few postings on bars and restaurants there and thought it would make a difference from Oscars (which I did like as a hotel) but there was very little outside.

I’ll have a look at your helpful suggestions, I picked the two quoted because Cyprus Premier have offers on them at the moment.

Sceaux, France
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Green, or Riverside Holiday Villages, Alcansak?

If you don't mind, I would also suggest almond holiday village.

Hertfordshire
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Green, or Riverside Holiday Villages, Alcansak?

just returned from two weeks in Green Holiday Village. Booked a one bed apartment, but got a two bed one! All modern facilities, well furnished, and the rooms/apartments use the credit card size card attached to the room key to utilise the power. Can be a bit tricky at night after too many Efes beers! I saw the Riverside place when dropping off fellow travellers - not impressed with the barren area surrounding it! Green Holiday Village is on the main coast road 9km out of Kyrenia/Girne. Local 12 seat mini buses go up and down the road all day, and it cost 3lira (£1.20) for 9km travel. Just stand outside the hotel and they will toot or flash headlights - if you put your hand out they will stop. Not luxury travel, but well worth the experience! I would recommend Green Holiday anyday, and have booked next year already!

6. Re: Green, or Riverside Holiday Villages, Alcansak?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2010, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations