We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malpas hotel????

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
437 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
malpas hotel????

Hi my husband and I are staying at the Malpas hotel in September for 2 weeks can anyone tell me how far it is to the local village catalkoy and is it within walking distance? we know the hotel is a little isolated and that is why we have booked it, also we will be hiring a car when we are there to get us around the various villages and sites. Thank you for reading this and hopefully thanks to anyone who gives us some advise.

essex
Level Contributor
195 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malpas hotel????

Hi Caplac

Its not to far to walk into Catolkoy although which route you take may depend on who is building what and where (only small scale works).

If you are hiring a car you should be able to get around ok. If you can, go to Famagusta. Check out the statue display on the round=about just oppisite the old walled city also carry on over this roundabout down to where Palm Beach Hotel is. From there you can walk onto beach and along to see the Bay of Varosha( Ghost Resort) . If the sight of this resort sealed up since 1974 does not give you goose bumps ! Don't hesitate to message for any thing else

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
437 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malpas hotel????

Many thanks for your reply can I also ask you is there are any bars or restaurants that we may visit in catalkoy athough we are half board at the Malpas it is still nice to have a wander somewhere different a couple of times. Thank you

essex
Level Contributor
195 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malpas hotel????

Hi Caplac

Sorry can't help with Catolkoy restuarants. However . The Bell Tower and The Tree of Idleness. at Bellais Pais. The Ambiance other side of Kyrenia.

Niazi's in Kyrenia and find out if Agnes is having a BBQ night at Ambelia Village the atmosphere is great as you look down on Bellais Pais.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malpas hotel????

I would just like to point out that it will very hot in September and therefore walking might not be a good idea!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: malpas hotel????

I shall be playing at the Hotel on the 23rd June so I will be able to let you know, contact me after that date

Kev

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
437 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malpas hotel????

thanks for all the replies although it will be hot in september it was the evenings we were thinking about when asking about bars/restaurants within walking distance of the Malpas mainly to stretch our legs and to have a change from the hotel so anyone who knows if there are any facilities within the village (not too far to walk) I would be very grateful thank you

7. Re: malpas hotel????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations