We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas how to spend 2nd wedding anniversary-help

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
122 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas how to spend 2nd wedding anniversary-help

Hi.

Can you please help with suggestions of how to spend our 2nd wedding anniversary in early Sept?

Last year we were in Turkey for our anniversary and spent the day at a Beach Club then dinner in a really romantic dinner with spectacular views.

Any ideas where we can go in Kyrenia/surrounding area during the day?

Best romantic place to have dinner with lovely atmosphere/views?

thanks in advance.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
52 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas how to spend 2nd wedding anniversary-help

Not sure if you are wanting a relaxing day or energetic but we had a lovely visit to the mountain top castle which even though there were other visitors there because it covers a wide area we were always on our own and were able to play the princess held in the tower and to be rescued by her prince scenario. You can see why Walt Disney used the design as the castle for snow white. Places to eat I would go back to are Veranda and Adress, see my review on trip for more info. You could ask for a table at the sea front, which we had and it was a lovely evening with great food and service.

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas how to spend 2nd wedding anniversary-help

All things considered, I would recommend Bellapais Gardens Hotel for your evening meal and tell them when you book what the occasion is. Make sure you book in advance though, the place is very popular with residents and non-residents and will be busy all through September. It`s quite pricey but quality, service and views reflects this.

UK
Level Contributor
627 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas how to spend 2nd wedding anniversary-help

For me, Bellapais Gardens Hotel Restaurant is the only place for your special meal. Make sure you book a table in time to see the sunset. It is truly a fantastic restaurant with fabulous food and ambiance. The whole evening is very special there.

Enjoy wherever you decide to go.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas how to spend 2nd wedding anniversary-help

i dont know about romantic place, but if you guys like salsa, there's salsa nights on tuesday nights and saturday nights at Cine Miles, a restaurant/bar/lounge just a few mins from the Kyrenia city center

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideas how to spend 2nd wedding anniversary-help

I would also recommend The Address and Ambiance for a special meal and also Kybele up in Bellapais - set in the ruined abbey and with fabulous views. For a "different" daytime activity consider taking the paragliding trip down from the mountains - I promise you it's absolutely stunning and somethhing you will never forget. They often cater for special occasions - I was inspired to try it when I saw someone do it for their 75th birthday!!

6. Re: Ideas how to spend 2nd wedding anniversary-help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations