We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in bellapais monestry

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weddings in bellapais monestry

Hi there, i'm thinking of getting married in the Bellapais Monestry and night in the Kybele in june 2012 and stay in the Pia Bella hotel. Has any body had a wedding there? or stayed in the Pia Bella lately?

Thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

Can't vouch for the Pia Bella but what a place to have your wedding, been there several times but you don't actually get married at the Monestry grounds itself.

Wedding ceremony's will be held at the Kybele overlooking that fanastic backdrop of the whole Kyrenia coastline you will then be able to enter the Monestry to have your photo's taken. The Kybele Management are spot on and you will have a really relaxed time there, well you won't as you will probably stressed out being the bride lol

Kev

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

Hi, hope I;m not too late to reply - but wanted to let you know that I got married at the abbey 3 years ago. If still interested, please reply and I will 'fill you in'. It was abosolutely fantastic - could not have had a better day. We stayed at the Almond Holiday Village, and had an evening reception there. If you go to the Almond web site at search for weddings you will see some pictures. (we are the 'old marrieds' not the young couple.

It was all so easy to arrange - if you havent chosen somewhere else by now - I would really recomend it. The photos were amazing.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

Hi, hope I;m not too late to reply - but wanted to let you know that I got married at the abbey 3 years ago. If still interested, please reply and I will 'fill you in'. It was abosolutely fantastic - could not have had a better day. We stayed at the Almond Holiday Village, and had an evening reception there. If you go to the Almond web site at search for weddings you will see some pictures. (we are the 'old marrieds' not the young couple.

It was all so easy to arrange - if you havent chosen somewhere else by now - I would really recomend it. The photos were amazing.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

Hi there sorry only now replying, been lots to organise! would be very interested in anything that you have/know on this. Thanks very much!!!

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

Hi, I got married at the Abbey In September 2008 and it was still hot. We married as late in the day as possible and at the time that was 4.30. Most of our wedding was organised by Gulten at the Almond Holiday Village - that was where we stayed and had our evening reception. As i mentioned before look at the website for AHV - home page - then select 'getting married' there are a few photos there of our reception, Gultens own wedding and 1 other couple, it also shows a couple of photos of the wedding ceromony at the Abbey . The wedding will take place in the grounds of Kybele, there is an area which is shaded by tress, they will decorate all of the chairs in white satin like material for the guests - very pretty- and a round table is set aside with flowers for the bride, groom witnesses and Official. That is the picture on the AHV web site - has a fantastic view overlooking Kyrenia bay.

We had a brandy sour toast after the ceromony as my husband isnt a champagne drinker and we all love brandy sours (the local drink).

As we were the last ones to be married that day we were quite a while having drinks and photos.

The ceromomy its self was quite short and quite official, but as the 'minster' turned up late we had lots of time to wander around the Abbey having photos and gave our guests a chance to look around Bellapais, all very relaxed.

The car that I arrived at the Abbey in, the photographer and also the flowers were again organised by Gulten (AHV) She took me to the florist when we arrived in Kyrenia at the start of our holiday and translated for me, the flowers were then delivered on the morning of the wedding. She also made hair appointments for myself and wedding guests. Please note that any hairdresser will raise the charge if they know it is for a wedding - so we lied!!!!

We had to be in the country 7 days prior to the wedding - but that then gave us enough time to arrange the final touches.

There are formalities that need to be arranged in England, 3 months prior to the wedding . If the rules are the same we needed to visit the Turkish embassy in London with proof of identity, Birth certifiacte etc and also have documents authorised by a Notary Solicitor.

On the whole it was quite easy and a lot cheaper than getting married in England - with beautiful photos and blue sky.

Hope this helps, if I can help with any other questions, please ask.

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

hi thanks to your reply its so much apreciated and a huge help with good advise, we have now booked our wedding at the abbey and our wedding planner is vashti who so far is fantastic with a wealth of knowledge, we are having our evening reception at korrineum golf club which has good reviews and looks amazing, thanks again for your help and advice much appreciated x

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

Hi cboundy

Vashti is very good and the korrineum golf club is fantastic they have the meal on the 18th hole

Kev

middlesex
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

hi, thank you for your post i am very interested in the place for a wedding in sept 2013 so any info you can give would be a great help...

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weddings in bellapais monestry

my daughter and now son in law used vashti and she was absolutely fantastic,they got married at the monastery and then down to the golf club, marriage ceromony was lovely and the golf club was also brill food/service was fantastic big big thank you to vashti

Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations