We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cyprus paradise

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
cyprus paradise

I have booked for 6 people to fly from manchester with cyprus paradise in april 2011 and i now understand there are no flights from manchester. Has anyone had a similar issue recently and how was it resolved by Cyprus Paradise

110 replies to this topic
Grimsby
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: cyprus paradise

Due to fly to Cyprus on Onur air and I'm now very apprehensive after reading reviews of Onur air which are mostly give the airline terrible reports, bad air conditioning(too hot) and nothing done about it when mentioned to the staff, very little leg room,surly staff and also awful food,should I cancel my holiday??? There seems to be no problem with the hotel the Pia Bella but the flight sounds to be terrible.

Grimsby
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: cyprus paradise

Due to fly to Cyprus on Onur air and I'm now very apprehensive after reading reviews of Onur air which are mostly give the airline terrible reports, bad air conditioning(too hot) and nothing done about it when mentioned to the staff, very little leg room,surly staff and also awful food,should I cancel my holiday??? There seems to be no problem with the hotel the Pia Bella but the flight sounds to be terrible.

Hastings, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: cyprus paradise

Hi Alison. You won't have a problem. Flights from Stansted on Onur were fine for us. Legroom is ok, and we were given complimentary food and drink on board (not expected). Staff were ok also. Sure it's not a first class experience, but we found it better than Ryanair. Touch down in Antalya was only for 20 mins going, but 40 minutes coming back. During that time the doors are opened. Some people we know flew to South Cyprus and had a 90 minute drive to Kyrenia. Although the touch down adds time to your journey, the airport is only 30 mins from the hotel so the total time was less than flying to Larnaca. Cyprus Paradise both at Stansted and at Ercan Airport were superb. They also put a note through our hotel door to when they were picking us up for the return journey. Enjoy. Steve

Grimsby
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: cyprus paradise

Thanks Steve for your message made me feel a little better my friemd & I who are due to go to Cyprus in September will have to think carefully about what to do.

Hastings, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: cyprus paradise

You will have a great time. I too was nervous, but the organisation was great, and the Turkish side is the best part of the island. Any room in your suitcase for another traveller ?

36. Re: cyprus paradise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 August 2013, 23:35

yorkshire
Level Contributor
24 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: cyprus paradise

I am going to northern cyprus in sept I went to bodrum on the turkish airline on aur the flight attendants didnt really speak english and the plane was a bit rackety I don't like flying so I hope they r kind

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: cyprus paradise

HI,

I need to let anyone know who are looking into booking with Cyprus Paradise that we are currently in the middle of getting a complaint resolved. My party travelled from the 5th sept-12th. Please see below a complaint I and many other people have made.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to make a formal complaint following a recent booking with yourselves.

Booking ref: C015284 for Miss V Ly, Miss A Ly and Mr P Ly.

Previous to my holiday I have had a good experience of Cyprus Paradise as you communicated with me in an efficient manner in regards to my questions I had to my booking via facebook as I could not get hold of anyone via the telephone. However the holiday itself was the contrary to this as I will state below:

1. Lack of communication at the airport regarding flight delay

The date of departure was on the 5th Sept 2013, 9:20am from Stansted. I can confirm that our flight did not leave the airport until 12 noon. The staff at the airport did not update the customers to why the flight was delay properly. There was hearsay in regards to it being because of fog or because a passenger was taken ill so the flight had to be diverted to Brussels. No communication was given however I will be looking for more information in regards to why this happened. I do not know if you have a partnership with Onur air but knowing that a flight of Cyprus Paradise was being delayed there should have been food vouchers etc given to the customers whilst they waited for the flight to leave. As you can appreciate a lot of the customers traveled from all over the country to get the flight out of Stansted in the early hours of the morning and to have to wait over 2 hours till we departed was too long also you need to consider that some customers have special food requirements and being left not knowing for so long could have cause major health issues.

2. Lack of communication regarding Hotel changes

Upon arrival at Ercan at 20:30pm, heading towards your rep Yousif, my party and many more were told we were no longer staying at the Rose Gardens which we booked originally and we would be moved to Olive Paradise. There was no full explanation to why this was changed other than there was a over booking. To my mind I recall over 7 couples if not more who were in the same position we were. We were left waiting whilst your organisation put the customers on their prospective coaches to their new hotels, this took over an hour as we did not depart until 21:34pm.

I am very unhappy with the lack of communication regarding this "last minute" changes to our accommodation. I am not sure what booking management system you use, but according to your terms and conditions section 7, we as customers should have been notified about this change. Especially when you "...are dedicated to providing the highest level of service and our well-informed travel centre will arrange a holiday that meets all your requirements and expectations." This I did not experience during my holiday. I do not have any information in regards to our booking as potentially being allocation upon arrival. If so can you send me a copy of this information.

I have also been told that this is not the first time that your customers have experienced this sort of last minute changes. I can confirm I will be looking into this matter with trading standards if I do not receive a adequate response.

3. Food upon arrival

The journey itself to Olive Paradise was over 55 minutes. As you can appreciate my party as well as your other customers we tired and hungry at this point. When we arrived at the hotel there was a spread laid out at the cost of £10pp. For a light buffet, I thought this cost was excessive. Some of your customers was told by your rep on the bus (Jessica) that food was going to be provided. However to their shock they charged for this meal. As a company you should have made provisions to your customers, considering the length of the journey we had to endure. My party were lucky enough however to discover a market 10 minute walk from the hotel. But as you can understand where we were staying did not have alot of places open at this time of night. It was only because the owner of this shop use to live in London he ordered food for us at his premises.

4. Self Catering

Upon arrival all the guests were shocked as well as myself to find that Olive Paradise did not have self catering facilities. As I have spoken to the other guests they were all under the same impression that Rose Gardens did have a self catering facility. A few of the guests had special dietary requirements hence their initial booking. We was told by your rep that we was going to be moved to an alternative hotel, which was better quality. However it not being like for like or higher is disappointing. My party brought food to cook for the week as well as your other guests, however Olive Paradise did not have these facilities. This therefore to me means that there was false advertising as The Rose Gardens had been advertised as:

"Galleried bungalows all have a galleried bedroom and 2 single sofa beds in the downstairs lounge area. They have a terrace, a shower and wc, hairdryer, direct dial telephone, air conditioning/ heating and kitchenette with cooking rings, fridge and kettle." (as quoted on your website)

Can you confirm also why Olive Paradise is not advertised on your website and explain why we were moved to this location. Your rep Yousif on the 6th Sept who arrived at 9:35am (with the start time of 9:15am on opur welcome packs), did not have any explanations to why we was moved to an hotel which was not like for like.

Please note also, that the guests also made a complaint to your rep regarding the use of the fridge that were in the rooms as it has hotel policy that no food or drinks were allowed to be brought onto the premises. Again, as a customer I was not expecting this as we booked a holiday at a venue that gave us the option for self catering if we wanted. We understand that Yousif could not do anything in regards to this however there was not attempt as I can see of him trying to make arrangements.

5. Holiday Rep

I fell that our holiday rep was not equip to handle my or any of the customers questions. I also feel that he did not give us the time that we deserved. He was constantly on his phone, talking to the manager or just walking off during mid conversations. I feel he left our group with a bad taste in our mouth. Even upon the second day, he said he would be at our resort for 9am he did not arrive until 9:53am. Again not being able to answer the minor questions we raised. I felt that this was poor and also we did not see him again for the rest of the week. The service was not to our expectation and I feel that your 3rd party tour company has let you down as he did not leave your customers with any confidence. This is why I have nominated myself to initiate this complaint on behalf of the Ly booking and for the consequent complaints/emails you will be receiving from your other customers, of which the names follow:

Mr and Mrs Welsher

Mr and Mrs Dean

Mr and Mrs Homer

Mrs and Mrs Sayer

Miss Meadows and Mrs Gibney

Mrs and Mrs Riches

(all staying at Olive Paradise)

Ms Vorajee and Mr Kwasnieski

Mrs and Mrs Gilbert

(Who originally booked for the Rose Gardens and were sent to Lapida Hotel)

I look forward to your response in regards to the points I have made and hope you do live up to your statement of being "...dedicated to quality and continuity of service at all times, from your initial booking right up to your return home."

If you need any further details please do not hesitate to contact me.

**update 27.09.2013** currently awaiting a response from CP as we have been communicating back and forth

Edited: 27 September 2013, 09:51
Essex UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: cyprus paradise

Not surprised with anything concerning CP,they seem to change everything at the last minute.

You dont know how lucky you are not being sent to Rose Gardens I woudnt stay there for free.

Where is Olive Paradise I have never heard of it!!!!

Manchester...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
40. Re: cyprus paradise

Flights to Northern Cyprus can be complicated as you have to fly via turkey which makes it difficult for companies to arrange. This is due to political issues relating to Northern Cyprus, hence the expensive supplement from Manchester. My parents and my aunt have flown to Northern Cyprus multiple times and stayed in the Pia Bella nine times. It was our first time out there but my dad arranged it all. In the end rather than pay the extra from Manchester we stayed in a hotel at Stansted the night before which worked out a lot cheaper and included parking.

Reply to: cyprus paradise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia