We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

Hi, we have just booked this hotel for our summer holiday in July as we wanted a hotel with a beach. Can any one tell me how far this hotel is out of the centre of Kyrenia? The hotel offers a free shuttle bus service but we were just wondering if it is walkable or is it a taxi ride once the shuttle service has ended for the day?

Thanks

Martin

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

8 km West of Kyrenia.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

Thanks - any good restaurants, bars, pubs, etc, within walking distance of the hotel?

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

Not been to Kyrenia for about 4 years but I would expect to find some restaurants close by.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

I Drove past there today, Saint Tropez , Restauarant, is a five minute walk from the Hotel, aside from that nothing really within walking distance.

Gary

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

Ah, St Tropez is still going! Hussain is a great chef but it`s a pricey restaurant which serves very rich food ( if you like everything in creamy sauce you`ll love it ).

Karsiyaka, TRNC
Level Contributor
835 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

There is a pub/restaurant practically next door to the Deniz Kizi called the Red Lion (sounds a bit grim but it is a nice old Cypriot building with a garden at the front) also Turan's Restaurant a 5 minute stroll. Serves traditional Cypriot food (amongst other things) cooked by Turan's mum. Mambo bar is also not that far, about 10 minutes walking.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

Hi, we have stayed at Denizkizi Royal many times and I'm sorry to say the shuttle bus no longer runs, but just at the top of the road you can jump on a dolmus for a few lira each into town, and they run quite late. Denizhan restaurant is also just at the top of the road and they serve a fantastic steak with mushroom sauce and also the best Brandy Sour i have tasted on the island and i have been going since 1983. Hope you enjoy your holiday....

8. Re: Denizkizi Royal Hotel - how far is this from Kyrenia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 21:33
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations