We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

Hello all,

We are hiring a car from Pacific Rent a Car and will be based in the Almond Holiday Village.

We would like to visit the Troodos mountain range and wondered if it is possible to drive from Alsancak to the range, bearing in mind that we will not be allowed to take the car south of the border?

Thanks.

England, United...
Level Contributor
711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

Haven't you answered your own question?

Probably your best bet is to hire a car for the day on the south side of the border.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

Cheers, thought so but wanted to know if there was any easier way.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

Although, Alsancak - Troodos is only a 2 Hour drive, Pacific wont let you take their cars across, drive to Lefkosa, park up near Ledra street crossing cross by foot and either hire a car there or use the excellent bus service http://www.cyprusbybus.com/

Edited: 20 March 2012, 16:34
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

Brilliant ttoli! Thanks very much, that was exactly the info I wanted.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

I'll PM you driving directions from Alsancak to the Ledra Street crossing, very straightforward and a 30 - 40 minute drive.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

That would be marvellous. Thanks again. We're not going until September, so have plenty of time.....I just like to be organised :-)

Karsiyaka, TRNC
Level Contributor
818 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

Ttoli do you know if it is possible to hire a car on the South side at the Bostanci crossing?

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

Sorry Jo, No Idea, a posting on the "Favourite", forum perhaps

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

I can not give a definite answer. I used the Bostanci / Astromeritis crossing yesterday before I saw your post so I would have paid more attention to what was around me if I had known of it. The Bostanci control is close to the village but there are no facilities other than the the official booths. The gap to the Astromeritis control is long and again no facilities other than the offices. There is a further gap to the village. Astomeritis is a moderate size village and has petrol stations, shops etc but I have not noticed any evidence of any car hire locations, it just seems unlikely to me that there will be much if anything there but I suppose there might be.

The only other crossing I have used is Ledra Street pedestrian point and I think that it is more likely to be an area that you can arrange car hire as Nicosia is a city with many facilities unlike Astromeritis which is a small rural location.

Karsiyaka, TRNC
Level Contributor
818 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: North Cyprus to Troodos mountain range

Thanks for the info FredCyprus. In your experience, would you say the Bostanci crossing is better for visiting Troodos (if you have a car and are to the West of Kyrenia already)? I have only visited once (the lovely Kakopetria) so have no idea how far it is from Nicosia.

Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia