We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches

I am staying at the Pia Bella Hotel and was wondering where the best beaches are, I know I will have to get a taxi but do not mind if its not too far away?

Essex UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

Its hard to say, there are plenty either east or west.

You are in a good location to choose either way, about 10mins walk to the Dolmus terminus and take your pick.When you get there anyone will tell you which are the best depending what facilities you want,if you hire a car you can find the small quiet ones.

When are you going! we will be at the Pia Bella 4 weeks time.

Have a good trip.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

The closest decent beach is the public one at kervansary, approx 15TL in a taxi (£5), 10 minutes away OR take the Dolmus (shared minibus) from the back of the Hotel 2TL ( 60 p ) and ask for the Mercure.

Aside from that Hire a car and head East towards the pan handle

london
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

Thanks guys, I am staying going on the 27th May!

Edited: 23 April 2012, 08:24
essex
Level Contributor
193 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches

If you want a real good beach with plenty of facilities then Escape Beach is very good as it is early season then it will not be too crowded. Try to avoid weekends as the locals all head to the beaches. Escape is only a little bit further than Kervensary beach so not much in terms of travel cost. However there is an admission charge on Escape 15tl(last year) . We feel its well worth paying the extra. Still why not try both !

london
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches

Thanks Fred, I have read that Escape beach is nice, so will give it a go!

6. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:45
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia