We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

large supermarket

Hereford
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
large supermarket

Can you please tell me which is the largest supermarket in the area. I would like to do the shopping for the week in one go. Also can you tell me which is the best value supermarket. Directions from Catalokoy to the supermarkets would be great.

Thanks

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: large supermarket

The best value supermarket is Eriklu , over the mountains on the way to Ercan airport,20 Minute drive, Catalkoy offers three supermarkets, Supreme, Tempo and Lemar which are on the main Road for Fruit and Veg you can't beat

Ya Beles , a farmers stall at the side of the road.

Food here doesn't have the preservatives that you have in the UK (and tastes so much better for it), so you will need to pop out every couple of days. I'm now suspicious of bread that stays fresh for more than a couple of days.

Hereford
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: large supermarket

Can you give me directions from Catalkoy to the Eriklu supermarket, and are there any local markets and if so what days are they on. Thank you

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: large supermarket

Weds is the local market day, 7am - 2pm in the town centre. Eriklu, from the main coast road head east ( Mountains on right/sea on left) and keep driving up and over the mountain , down past the army camp (50 kph Speed camera!) follow to the end , 1st exit at roundabout and the supermarket is on your left, at the tills once paid you'll be given a voucher which you redeem at the exit for the daily freebie.

4. Re: large supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:43
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations