We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzies

England
Level Contributor
749 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzies

We holidayed for the first time in Northern Cyprus last Sept/Oct in Lapta. We were never bothered by mozzies and only had one bite when we stayed for a night at Dipkarpaz. This year we are staying up at Bellapais from next week for a fortnight and wondered, were we just lucky last year or should we be prepared to do battle with the little monsters!?

Suffolk
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzies

I'd be prepaed to do battle! the only time that I have been bitten is when we go to restaurants that are in the hills away from the coast. It's not too bad if there is a breeze, but if its a still evening at this time of year, I think that you will be trouble

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzies

Depends where you are staying but the Council do spray in the evenings and despite the wet winter we had there aren't as many mozzies about as in previous years.

England
Level Contributor
749 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzies

Staying at Bellapais

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzies

Which Hotel/Villa?

England
Level Contributor
749 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mozzies

Ambelia Village

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mozzies

Just back from Bellapais and can report there are mozzies but not too bad. We used repellent and only got one bite each. 6.45 to 7.30 seems to be their preferred dining time...

England
Level Contributor
749 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mozzies

MAny thanks

essex
Level Contributor
195 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mozzies

Was up in Bellapais a few times last October not a mozzie to be seen

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
295 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mozzies

Mozzies love me... BUT have just returned with NO bites....

took garlic tablets prior to departure (the hubby didnt) and neither of us have been feasted on... I am amazed!

10. Re: Mozzies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia