We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to kyrenia for the first time

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Weston Super Mare
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Travel to kyrenia for the first time

we were wandering who to book with, we like the look of the ship has anyone stayed there,we are 2 adults travelling hopefully next june,

we are looking to fly to larnaca and not sure if to book flights seperatly to accommodation

thanks

Weston Super Mare
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

thank you for your advise and help,cant wait to go now!!

stafford UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

We travel somewhere different every year and had been thinking about Cyprus for next year. I was very surprised to read the sort of airfares MandyTim and others had mentioned. We usually pay £200-£250 for our flights wherever they are in europe even the further european destinations (Lanzarote, Tenerife etc).

I've just checked the flight prices to Cyprus next May and from Birmingham they are coming in at £194 (Monarch to Larnaca).

I would never pay the sorts of prices posted earlier. If you are from Weston super mare the trains to Birmingham International go right to the airport and you will save a fortune.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
221 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

Agree about Airfares

We've booked for Ercan from Gatwick in June 2013 for just under £200 each (including cases and meals) with Turkish Airlines

Weston Super Mare
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

we have booked to go to the ship may 2013 and were looking to hire a car and drive to the Karpass Peninsula, just wondered how long it will take and what to see when we are there

Devon
Level Contributor
176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

A good idea to hire a car. The trip to the Karpas will take a full day, but a lot will depend on how long you wish to stop at various places. The journey time from Kyrenia to the Karpas has been reduced considerably by the new road along the north coast.Some people take two days and stay overnight on the Karpas. Another trip worth considering is Famagusta where you can visit the old walled city and the beach at Verosha where you can see the abandoned hotels along the sea front. Also in that part of North Cyprus are the ruins of Salamis and the lovely fishing village of Bogas. Apart from that a car gives you the freedom to explore,St Halarion castle above the Ship Inn and the villages and beaches either side of the main road east and west of Kyrenia. I asm sure you will enjoy tourselves.

Weston Super Mare
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

Thanks denwardie for the advise, we have seen the abandoned hotels before from the other side. will we have to book some where to stay the night in the karpas before or can we just turn up somewhere and hope we can get a room .

uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

can you get taxi from larnaca to kyrenia to cross the border and if so roughly

how much

Devon
Level Contributor
176 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

Hi Mandytim, We have always gone in May and at that time of year you will have no trouble in finding a place to stay for a night on the Karpas. There are many places to stay from hotel to chalets on the beach. Have a look at the review for Karpas Stone houses on this site, they are situated at Dipkarpas, a good central point on the Karpas.If you study a map, or google earth you will see that you can drive up to Dipkarpas along the south coast and return via the north. After Dipkarpas there is only one road to the end, passing some superb beaches.We hope to be at the Ship in May but I can,t book yet as I am on the waiting list for a new hip, to be done hopefully in January.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

elephantuk the fare is around £50 - £ 60 each way, though It's best to pre book as not all taxi drivers at Larnaca Airport wuill cross the border

Mandytim, I'll second denwardies recommendation, though the Chalets on the beach sound romantic, you do have to factor in No Aircon and plenty of sand flies + they charge upwards of 90 EUROS a night for little more than a shed .

Here's the website for the Karpaz Arch Houses,

karpazarchhouses.com/kah_html/en/foundation_…

Knott End-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
317 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Travel to kyrenia for the first time

Be aware there are speed cameras operating in the North.

If you are caught, they will hunt you down to pay the fine. ;-)

People I know have been forced to pay fines at the crossing point when leaving/re-entering...

Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia