We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

hi

going to Kyrenia for first time in june 2013

what can we expect to pay for..

soft drinks

beer

3 course meals?

will our money go far?

thanks

49 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

Yes your money will go far (especially compared to Europe/south of island), circa 6tl (£2:50) for a bottle of effes lager, three course meal for four again circa £120 - and we went for it! Soft drinks can't recall drinking that much of those but can't have been more than a couple of quid.

Karsiyaka, TRNC
Level Contributor
818 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

Soft drinks are usually 3-4TL (£1.10-£1.50).

Quite a lot of restaurants will include some sort of dessert or fresh fruit. On average you will probably pay £15-20 per head depending on the type of restaurant.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
970 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

So it's dearer than resorts in the south as we usually pay €2-3 for a large beer and €15-20 for a 3 course meal in Protaras

UK
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

No, it's cheaper than the south! I stayed in the south recently and paid a lot more for everything. The food quality in the north we find is better, too.

5. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 15:05
Edited: 13 July 2013, 15:05

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

Why ask prices the if you have been to the north already? Unless you didn't buy anything then presumably you have an idea? I can only deduce you must eat at very cheap places in the south. Lastly I don't understand your comment about the north not being recognised, you want to know prices on a tourism website so don't make this political.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
970 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

I didn't ask the prices I just commented on the post like yourself

F S
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

I have just returned and while there i visited the South. The south is definitely more expensive, but if you are visiting or staying in a 5 star hotel then you will obviously have to pay a little more for drinks and food. But with so many choices of restaurant s in North Cyprus especially the Kyrenia area there is plenty of great food to eat and reasonable prices.

Enjoy your holiday North Cyprus is a wonderful place.

Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

MUCH cheaper in the North and better quality produce. Oh and you can use the ATM and credit cards too!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus

Are we sure about the ATMs in the North? It may just be a coincidence but I tried taking out 30TL at Ercan airport and wasnt able to (looked like I had but no money came out). Like I say could just be a faulty ATM but thought I would ask.

Reply to: cost of food/drinks north Cyprus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia