We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airlines

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln
Level Contributor
222 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Airlines

Hi,

We have been to Northern Cyprus about 7 times in the last 5 years and have usually used Pegasus to fly to Ercan. (Happy with Pegasus)

This time we are flying with Turkish Airlines due to flight times suiting us better.

All seems fine with booking and emails have been prompt and informative.

Only slight problem I have had so far is booking seats.

Seems impossible on website. Rang them up and they told me to ring after 14th (we fly on 21st).

This is the same for the return flight. I don't want to have to be ringing them whilst on holiday, has anyone found a way round this?

Thanks

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Airlines

HI 3eastwood

We have used Turkish Airlines many times.

We "Check- In" online 24 hours before the flight , and book our seats at the same time....at no extra cost.

Enjoy your trip.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
222 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Airlines

Thanks Kibris

Will do that.

2 weeks tomorrow - really looking forward to some sun, great sea/beaches and food/drink

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Airlines

Hi 3eastwood,

We go 5 weeks on Saturday, and like you , very much looking forward to it.

In fact, as you return, we depart!!

Have a great time.

dumfries
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Airlines

We use them all the time. It is no problem. You don't have book on line. You cAn do it at the airport. We do do it on line. When we are there we go to a Internet cafe for the return journey.

Caversham, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkish Airlines

I think that the Turkish Airlines rules have changed recently. You can now only reserve seats on line 24 hours before the flight takes off. BA have a similar system in place.

My only concern with Turkish Airlines is that I have read a posting on TA within the last 5 weeks to say that Turkish Airlines are notorious for losing luggage. I am extremely concerned about this. How many readers of this site have had bad experiences. If so, then please let me know. Am I paranoid? Do I need to increase the level of my baggage insurance cover?

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turkish Airlines

EBee,

Turkish Airlines are no different to any other airline....luggage will occasionally get lost, its going to happen.

I have flown with them many many times and have never had any luggage gone missing.

Relax, enjoy the flights, and have a great time in Northern Cyprus.

7. Re: Turkish Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia