We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you choose?

Which Kyrenia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
267 posts
306 reviews
Save Topic
What would you choose?

Hi, dear Cyprus lovers,

I’d like to ask for your ideas. We’ve bought plane tickets to Ercan for 16 days next June. We’re a family with two teenagers; we prefer unspoiled nature and beaches with fewer infrastructures (no crowds and lines of umbrellas) but we like some sightseeing and wining and dining too. We’d like to rent a reasonably priced villa with a private swimming pool and we’re going to have a car for the whole stay.

Firstly, I thought that we may spend one week in Famagusta region (e.g. near Iskele) then 2 nights in Karpaz and another week near Kyrenia. The problem is that I cannot find any suitable villa (reasonably priced) in Famagusta area and even if I’ve found some compromise I still feel that Kyrenia side (especially east with mountains in background and lovely sea views) looks much prettier and the choice of houses is better. However, if I choose something e.g. near Esentepe or Tatlisu for all 16 days, we will probably see less of the island (especially Karpaz), am I right? Which option would you prefer and which area is more suitable to our preferences?

Thanks for all your tips.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would you choose?

Tatlisu/ Esentepe to the Karpaz is a 90 Minute drive on the new dual carriageway , have you looked at this company for Famagusta Villas?

http://www.amyvillas.co.uk

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
267 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What would you choose?

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I've checked their ofer. I would prefer to book directly with the owner and Amyvillas are a bit over our budget, anyway. So you think that Tatlisu/Esentepe area might be better for us to stay regarding our needs?

dumfries
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What would you choose?

We go to trnc and stay west of lapta. We really enjoy it. Two years ago we stayed at liviana in the karpaz not 5 star but interesting. I find the other side not so interesting. The mountain drive is good, going over five finger mountain to essentepee. (Spelling in not great) is good too, there is not a road we have not been on, we have picnic does travel. Out to horseshoe bay is lovely along the coast. You want a car with good aircon. Have a great time.

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
267 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What would you choose?

Thanks- so it looks as if to have a base in Kyrenia region might be better for us...and I believe we'll have a fantastic holiday, it's a pitty it's so far away:-)

dumfries
Level Contributor
157 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What would you choose?

I can wait and we don't go until July!!!! have a great time!

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
17 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What would you choose?

certainly more going on in Kyrenia and now that the road network has improved - the island seems even smaller and easier to explore!

Ostrava, Czech...
Level Contributor
267 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What would you choose?

Thanks for all your comments, they ensure me that we've chosen the right place- we're going to stay in a villa in Bahceli near Esentepe. We're looking forward to spending our holiday there.

8. Re: What would you choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia