We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym near Pia Bella?

Derby England
Level Contributor
27 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Gym near Pia Bella?

Will be holidaying at the Pia Bella in September and would like a local (walking distance) gym to get some exercise, can anyone recommend one?

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym near Pia Bella?

There is (was) one very near the Pia Bella. I used it a couple of years ago - to the best of my memory it was called "Pumps". There was a large outdoor pool out the front which never seemed to get any use.

The Gym itself was fairly good with the usual range of CV machines, resistance machines and a pretty good selection of free weights with benches. The main thing it lacked was A/C - working out in mid to high 30 degree heat with just fans for relief was challenging to say the least.

I would say it was about a 5 minute walk from Pia Bella. The easiest way to find it is to exit the hotel from it's back entrance, cross the road and turn left - it's about 200 metres on the right hand side. If you get to the traffic lights you've gone sllghtly too far.

I'm out there again next month so I'll try and confirm that it's still there and leave a post if you're still interested.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym near Pia Bella?

Not sure but I think that is now closed,going on Wednesday and will check and post back.

If not I will ask around to see if there is anything near Pia Bella

London, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym near Pia Bella?

Yes pumps is still there and there is also a new one behind Sammys Hotel called Mega,both within 5mns of Pia Bella

Emma

Derby England
Level Contributor
27 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym near Pia Bella?

Emma many thanks

5. Re: Gym near Pia Bella?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia