We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from the north of England

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from the north of England

Hi!

Have just returned from another fantastic stay in North Cyprus - 42 degrees last Saturday!

But, I'm not sure we have the travelling quite right - in recent years have travelled from York to stansted and flown directly to Ercan. Is there another way others have found which saves that 3 hour drive home? Larnaca may be easier?

Thanks

D

London, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from the north of England

I have got friends who live in Scotland,Wales and the midlands,and they now all fly from Manchester which apparantly is very reachable from all directions.They fly with Turkish Airlines into Ercan.

uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from the north of England

Fly from your local airport to Larnaca direct , the taxi transfer is approx 1.30 hrs !! Easy

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from the north of England

There are flights from Newcastle to Larnaca; my niece has just been to Larnaca, and she flew on a Saturday. The return time was about 1am, so a nice easy drive back down on the A19.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from the north of England

Thanks for the help - the manchester flights look better in terms of times. Haven't flown Turkish Airlines before but have seen plenty of reviews on here from others, so will look in more detail!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
115 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from the north of England

We flew with Jet2 from Manchester to Larnaca , hotel arranged taxi transfer for us ( you could do it cheaper I am sure). This was our first time to travel independent of a TA, and everything was fine.

sheffield UK
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying from the north of England

Monarch go direct from Leeds Bradford to Larnaca.

7. Re: Flying from the north of England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations