We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Niazi's still any good?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is Niazi's still any good?

It's been a few years since my last trip to Kyrenia, but I remember Niazi's being one of the standout meals of our trip! Is it still any good? And what sort of price are they charging for the full kebab now? Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

We have been going to their takeaway one, we think it is just as good ,service wth a smile.You still sit down and is well used by the cypriots which is a good sign.

Fareham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

Went in June and will be going again in September.It's as good as it ever was - still need to book a table to be sure of getting in. Don't recall the price of a full kebab because we never have them. Given the present exchange rate though a meal will not be too expensive. Enjoy it.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Kyrenia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

Yes , same quality and quantity and every time I go I swear that I'll try something else , but the full Kebap wins every time 35 TL ! ( £10 ) .

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

Awesome, thanks everyone - and can't believe the price is still so low! Will definitely be revisiting next month :)

Lincoln
Level Contributor
239 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

It's getting mixed reviews now

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g190378-…

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

We visited Niazi's mid July this year and had a fantastic meal. Full mixed kebab is 45TL and they keep bringing out more meat and meze until you're full. We also ate at his restaurant in Famagusta and had a similarly good experience.

Halesowen
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

For regular meals I use Niazi's smaller restraint up towards TURK BANKAZI. Help youself to salad with main course. No full kebab but a more realistic price

Shropshire
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

Hi all, just thought I would let you all know how long Niazi's has been around. My dad was in the RAF in the 60's and served at Akrotiri. He and my mum had many a great nights out in Limmasol with their friends in Niazi's and I was taken to his restaurant on my 13th birthday (1966).

When I visited Kyrenia in 1997 I visited Niazia's for a full kebab and when talking to a friendly waiter he told me that Niazi had fled Limmasol when the invasion occurred and set up business in Kyrenia. Obviously Niazi was an old man by then. However, I was shown a book full of friendly comments and best wishes from other ex-servicemen who had rediscovered the delights of a full kebab in Niazi's restaurant. I was also shown a RAF Station Plaque that had been presented to Niazi. The waiter gave me a small monogrammed dish as a memento for my parents.

Does anyone know if it is a son or daughter who is now running the family business?

Karsiyaka, TRNC
Level Contributor
828 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

Not sure who is running the restaurant but you can find Niazi every day relaxing in his chair, playing backgammon and listening to his transistor radio in the restaurant at Deniz Kizi beach. I believe Deniz Kizi Hotel is run by his son but he is always there. Lovely man who always takes the time to say hello.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Niazi's still any good?

Thanks for the replies, all. We had a great meal at Niazi's (review coming soon). Paid 45tl for the full kebab - less food than I remember, but that's a good thing - was far too much before!

Get answers to your questions about Kyrenia
Recent Conversations