We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from Larnaca airport

Nottingham
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis from Larnaca airport

Have just returned from Larnaca and before we went i was quoted between £50 - £60 for a taxi from Larnaca airport to our hotel including a return to airport by a couple of taxi firms in Larnaca .Also quoted the same by the well known transfer companies on net.I knew it was a 10 minute journey at the most.Decided to take a chance on getting a taxi at the airport cheaper and was pleasantly surprised. We paid 10 euros each way and taxis were plentiful.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
68 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from Larnaca airport

Thanks for the tip M. I'm investigating at the moment how to get my family of 5 from the airport to the city centre and was also thinking of prebooking, but your advice made me change my mind and just go for a taxi at the airport, although I might need 2 of them.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
68 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from Larnaca airport

I just got a quote from Grabthatcab.com for €25 in a big taxi.

Should I take it, or will I be cheaper with a 'big taxi' from the airport?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
68 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from Larnaca airport

As I wrote above I didn't go for the €25 offer, but took my chances at the airport. This is what happened.

We were getting out of the airport building with the 5 of us and walked up to the taxidrivers that were sitting at the taxistand and asked if we could get a taxi into town for the 5 of us. Their only reaction was that we needed 2 taxis for that, and for the rest we were ignored, although there was a minivan parked there as well. That one was already hired....yeah, right!!

They were ignoring us, then we chose to ignore them as well and walked away towards the bus station. There we asked a bus driver how we could get to Larnaca town. There were no public buses going anymore at that time, so he offered us a minivan for €25, which we accepted. At that time we noticed that we were followed by one of the taxidrivers, and he started arguing (in Greek) with the busdriver that he was not allowed to take us. Then we turned to the taxidriver and said to him that he should take us then to town. He took all 5 of us then in his taxi to the hotel for €16!

So, don't get bluffed by the ignorance of the taxidrivers! :-)

4. Re: Taxis from Larnaca airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Larnaca
Recent Conversations