We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental company?

Which Larnaka City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Car rental company?

Hi all, Wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable car rental from/to LCA airport for 7 days in May that I can book online now and they will not apply additional (hidden) fees upon arrival. Would need a basic automatic. Thanks!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental company?

type car rentals larnaca into your seach, and compare prices,most are pretty good.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental company?

www.economycarrentals.com. I've used them for the past couple of years. The price you see on line is the price you pay.

Kath

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental company?

Hi, if you are booking online make sure you specify clearly that you need an automatic, for some car hire companies this is on "request" basis only. In terms of "hidden charges" check out the small print regarding fuel, some companies will deliver the car with a full tank and you will find yourself paying extra for petrol on arrival, their policy on this and whether you have to return the car full or empty should be mentioned on their website if its not it would be worth contacting them to check.

Reliable international brands operating in Cyprus include Europcar, Hertz, Sixt and Avis

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental company?

Try this link and you will find the airport based car rental companies.

http://www.cyprusairports.com.cy/

We have used economycarrentals on our holidays throughout Europe with no problem ( at least so far!) and indeed what you see is what you pay.

Newcastle
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental company?

Hello,

can anyone help me with a quick query?

Which car hire companies at LCA are "on site" an which are "off site"?

For example, if I book with hertz or avis, will I need to sit on a minibus for half an hour before I get my car?

Thanks

holtey

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental company?

have a look at lowcostholidays.com

under travel extras they are good for car rentals.Julie

7. Re: Car rental company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 05:15