We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

Odd question maybe but any ideas what we can do with ten hours of the night in Larnaca? We will be arriving in Larnaca airport just before midnight on a Tuesday night and leaving Wednesday morning on a flight at 10am, so we'll need to be back around 8am at the airport. We don't just want to check into an airport hotel.

Are there any sights good to see at night? Any restaurants open very late which can be reached from the airport before they close? Or any 24-hour places to eat? Any suggestions at all for this strange time?

Many thanks in advance if you have any ideas!

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

A suggestion would be Larnaca Promenade ( Finikoudes area) where you could take a boat ride- if available at midnight! Need to check this out! There you can find pubs/bars/ restaurants and the like. As there are no Airport hotels, this would not be an option for you! If you enjoy clubbing this would be an option. If you are on Budget, considering the taxi costs, another option would be having a dinner at one of the Airport restaurants!

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

Thanks Margory, the Promenade sounds like a great place to head to. We'd really love to do a boat ride. Any idea how I could find out if that were possible at night?

As for the taxi into Larnaca - how much would it cost if I just take a taxi from the door? We are a couple. Maybe we could join with another couple to share a taxi.

I looked on the lowcosttravelextras.com as recommended by Julie in another thread. It says 17 UK pounds each person for a return to Larnaca town. Is that the best option?

Not so keen on clubbing but will happily check out a few bars. Any areas to recommend open late?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

Hi,I aslo think that you should head for the prom,the marina where the boat trips leave from is there you may be lucky enough to find a trip there.I have googled over night boat trips larnaca. and I cannot find anything.I think that there used to be a midnight boat trip from pervolia beach ,about 8km from Larnaca I will try -find out if it is still running.Julie

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

Thanks Julie - yes I can't find any info online, I would be really grateful if you had any local information on boat trips at night.

If anyone has a better idea for transport to Larnaca town, apart from 17 UK pounds return each person from lowcosttravelextras.com, I would be interested to know.

Open to other suggestions of monuments or views which may be interesting (eg lit up) at night.

Thanks for your replies!

gingerbeirut.com

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

Hi,St.Lazaras church is lovely at night lit up,the prom also looks pretty ,still trying to find info on boat trips. I know some people left from Pervolia a t midnight but that may have been a private boat trip.Julie

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

Hi. We managed to get a great meal around midnight at www.zakosbeach.com - it's at Makenzy beach which is very close to the airport with a great view of the planes arriving and departing. Why not email them about time of closing?

Marion

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

Thanks for these great suggestions Julie and Marion. I have emailed Zakos Beach but they have not replied yet - I may have to call them.

Any other late night restaurants? Maybe we will do a small city tour of the main monuments, starting with the promenade.

Any other thoughts welcome!

gingerbeirut.com

8. Re: Larnaca between midnight and 8am?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Larnaka City
Recent Conversations