We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Larnaca

roy-c
Level Contributor
34 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Larnaca

Am thinking of a holiday for 2 in Cyprus in early April - have just had to cancel a holiday due to (real) flu

First thought was flying to Paphos and staying there for a week - have been there before - and hiring a car and tour a bit

Would like to see more of the island and stay a couple more days, so now looking at flying to and from Larnaca, hiring a car the whole time, staying 3 nights in Larnaca then 6 in Paphos.

Does that sound sensible? Am concerned about parking in Larnaca though. Any suggestions about hotels or areas we should look at, where we wouldn't be troubled by parking regulations? BTW we aren't into either 5* or hostels! Will probably arrive just before midnight

And if you have specific views on car hire companies from the airport so much the better.

All friendly comments VERY gratefully received

Thank you

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
44 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Larnaca

I live in Larnaca. Outside of the main tourist beach strip and busy town centre there isn't much problem with finding carparks. Hotels of course usually have their own.

You could consider an apartment for a short stay - walking distance from everything and designated parking.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Larnaca

Most hotels have their own parking areas, so I don't think parking would be an issue. I believe Oroklini/ Pyla area would give you a greater choice in regards to accomodation, and since you will have your own wheels, the 10min drive distance will not be a problem either. Since you have already visited Pafos and since you will be in Larnaca Area with a car, I would also suggest visiting the rural area of Larnaca as well ( it may be more worth than the Larnaca town itself). Lefkara, Katodrys, Choirokitia (archaeologigal site part of the UNESCO World Heritage), Tochni just to name a few worth visiting villages.

Also check this link for car rentals located at the Airport, and I believe they operate until late at night, if not on a 24h basis ( e-mail them for more details)

http://www.cyprusairports.com.cy/

3. Re: Parking in Larnaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Larnaka City
Recent Conversations