We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

query on last day of holiday

Which Larnaka City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
84 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
query on last day of holiday

I will be spending 7 days in Limassol, going around the island, but since the flight back home is at 11am from Larnaca, I'd prefer not to have to leave Limassol early in the morning.

In this context, would you suggest spending the last afternoon in Larnaca itself, or in a nearby village such as Lefkara?

I wasnt really planning a day in Larnaca. Thoughts?

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,904 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: query on last day of holiday

Hi, have a look at agrotourism cyprus for villages between Limassol/larnaca

I would chose either tochini or kalavassos, I think Lefkara is to touristy. or take a look at.

cyprus-travel-secrets.com

I think where you spend your last day depends on what means most to you.Larnaca town-beaches or a real Cypriot village. Julie

Edited: 25 July 2012, 01:12
Malta
Level Contributor
84 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: query on last day of holiday

Thanks Julie

Considering that I'll have quite a lot of beaches/tourist resorts, I'd rather end up with the real cypriot village.

the two options look good....since i have to be at the airport at 9.....google maps say tochini is only 45minutes away...but is there risk of traffic at that time on a monday morning?

One last thing - a quick google images on tochini - gives me the impression of a lot of steps..is it the case? we'll be travelling with a 1yr old baby (ie pushchair)...

thanks again!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,904 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: query on last day of holiday

Hi, there is not that much in tochini, but it is lovely, mainly the taverna and coffee shops. if you want to stay somewhere over night, maybe you could drive though the villages when you leave Limassol, then stay overnight in Pervolia 10 minutes drive from Larnaca airport and pushchair friendly.Julie

Malta
Level Contributor
84 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: query on last day of holiday

Many thanks Julie

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: query on last day of holiday

Well, it's just a matter of personnal preference of course, however I wouldn't compare Lefkara with Pervolia. If it's traditional cyprus village you are looking at, neal Lefkara then your best bet would be either Lefkara or Katodrys ( no steps either as far as I recall). However, Pervolia is indeed much closer to the Airport.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: query on last day of holiday

If you decide to visit Pervolia, you could pay a visit to Angeloktisti Church in Kiti, a 11th centure Byzantine church with rare mosaics. There is a nearby cafe and a playground for the baby at the back yard.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,904 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: query on last day of holiday

The Church is lovely, on Pervolia please be aware that in the village there are are no cash machines, the nearest in is in Kiti village. Julie

8. Re: query on last day of holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:16