We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

Hi

We are a group of 10, mixed ages, and we will spend 2 days in Larnaca in mid March. I'd like to go on a day trip to the mountains. Should we rent a van and drive? Is there a good company which offers a good day tour? what destinations are not to be missed? will it be covered with snow/ice that time of year?

I'll greatly appreciate any input on these matters

Thanks

Judith

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

I can not advise on tours as I have no experience of these. For a hire minibus I suggest Omodos, Platres, Troodos Square then either Kykkos or Kakopetria returning to Larnaca via Nicosia. Roads at this time should be clear but I expect snow to be around at the top. It will be cold at the top so shorts T shirts and open shoes are not suggested. Skiing might be available.

2. Re: day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 February 2013, 17:35
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

thanks. When you write "for hire" you mean self-driving? If so - what are the place names you mention? recommended places to visit?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

Thanks.

I'll pass the information on and seriously consider it

Judith

bath
Level Contributor
175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

we were there in february last year small amount of snow still about in shaded areas we had a hire car we were based in paphos . Some of the monastaries are spectacular as is a lot of the landscape and views.WE just did a sort of mystery tour up one side and down the other stopping where we fancied time was our own

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

Thanks. How long does it take to go from paphos to Larnaca via the mountains, taking our time as you did?

bath
Level Contributor
175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

we drove up to limasol and then up the mountains from there by the time we had stopped a few times it was lunch time plenty of nice places to pull in and eat a picnic lunch or the villages have some bars eateries.looking at larnaca on the map pobably about same sort of times you could do it quicker but the whole day gave the time to stop when and where we wanted you can get a good road map with attractions marked on it i will look at ours to see who prints it and if you can still get them

8. Re: day trip from Larnaca to the Troodos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 07:17