We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money

Which Larnaka City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
W Sussex
Level Contributor
8 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Money

Are there any restrictions as to how many Euros I can take in and out of Cyprus. Also are there any restrictions using ATM's or paying by credit card.

Thank you

Helen

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money

There are no restrictions using ATM's. Some small businesses don't like credit cards and prefer to deal in cash, but there are no legal restrictions.

I don't know about bringing euros IN to Cyprus, but you can only take OUT 3,000.

Trisha

W Sussex
Level Contributor
8 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money

Thank you

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money

Hi, I have just had a look on the HM Revenue-Customs site, it says anything over €10,000 must be declared if traveling to a non EU country, must admit I would not like to travel with that amount of cash on me.

if paying on your card do not pay in sterling you often get a poor exchange rate.Julie

W Sussex
Level Contributor
8 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money

Thank you

5. Re: Spending Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:18