We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyprus for Christmas

Emirate of Dubai...
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Cyprus for Christmas

Looking at short 6 day get away and thinking about Luxor or Cyprus, have had a few nice holidays on Cyprus but always in the summer months, my question is, just how quiet and slow will it be in Larnaka or Limassol over the Christmas week. Not looking to go out and get wild but don’t want to be the only folk in town.

Any ideas and comments would be a great help.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,021 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyprus for Christmas

Have a look at this topic from a few days ago.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k7…

The main topic is Paphos BUT there are additional links in the topic

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyprus for Christmas

Hi. If you go to Larnaca or Limassol over the xmas week you will certainly not be the only folk around, I would chose Larnaca if you stay in the town centre everything is on your doorstep,Larnaca Prom lined with bars -restaurants will be buzzing but not over the top its a good place to be at xmas, not so big and spread out as Limassol.Julie

Emirate of Dubai...
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyprus for Christmas

Thank you for your comments and input, we are looking at the Sun Hall in Larnaka !!! but bad comments are making me think we should look at another hotel or maybe the four seasons in Limassol however we have just come to know that it’s not part of the four seasons hotel group, so might try the new Olympic Residence, any feedback would be a great help as we should make flight bookings in the next day or so to confirm. Many thanks again

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
44,021 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyprus for Christmas

I wouldn't let the fact that it is not part of the Four Seasons group put you off.

You might like to read this topic, which has links to several reviews

tripadvisor.co.uk/…53929061

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyprus for Christmas

Hi, please make sure that the reviews you have read for the Sun Hall are for the hotel and not the apartments

which are a different ownership. The hotel was completely renovated a couple of years back .it s really nice now and in a brilliant location. if you wish to fly into Larnaca you can book your flights it is the same airport for Limassol and Larnaca.Julie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyprus for Christmas

If it is pure luxury that you want go for the four seasons its one of the best on the island reviews are always good.Julie

R C
Moscow, Russia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyprus for Christmas

Maybe better choose the mountains in Cyprus? There's snow... realcyprus.info/life-style/…

8. Re: Cyprus for Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Larnaka City
Recent Conversations