We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

Kosice
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

Hi!

So both of them are fully booked for our stay. Any idea which company should I try next?

Thanks!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

Hi we have booked with champions if that's any help

Kosice
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

This http://www.championrental.com/ ?

Were they any good, or you are just going there?

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

I always use these guys www.lowpricecypruseconomycarrentals.com Is this who you mean by economy car rentals ? They are absolutely excellent, the service before, during and after the rental couldn't have been better or gone smoother.

Email them via the website for a quote

Edited: 21 July 2014, 16:12
UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

Try these to compare local companies if the 2 mentioned are unable to help

http://cyprus-car.com/

Edited: 21 July 2014, 16:14
Kosice
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

Yes I meant www.lowpricecypruseconomycarrentals.com/ under economy car rental (I've contacted Christakis Vrakas directly via email posted here in an other thread).

I checked http://cyprus-car.com/ before, but I found this at http://cyprus-car.com/rental.asp

INSURANCE

All cars are properly insured.

Our comprehensive insurance policy covers everything concerning the vehicle, including damage, theft and fire.

Policy Excess (In the event of an accident)

Groups A, B1, B2 and C an excess of 250.00 Euros

Excess is payable only if the accident is caused by you, the driver.

You may pay 5.00 Euros/day to reduce the excess to zero.

Not sure if that's not a lot :) (usually there wasn't an excess at the other car rental companies).

Other then that their prices look good.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

Hi, try Petsas .Julie

Kosice
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

Thanks for the tip, but they are a lot more expensive then cyprus-car.. at cyprus-car I can get a car for 80eur where at petsas for ~117eur...

Wrexham
Level Contributor
1 post
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

I can recommend theodoulou self drive cars in Larnaca who offer a very good, efficient service. All the staff are English speaking and will arrange pick up and drop off at either airport.

The website is at Www.theocars.com

Hope they can help

Princeton, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

I would definitely NOT recommend EconomyCarRentals.com and Autodirect based on my experience at the Larnaca airport pickup location in July 2014. Note that the Autodirect location is also an Enterprise rental car location at both the Larnaca and Paphos airport locations.

I was first given a Chevrolet that should not even be on the road! The condition of the car was terrible and the interior was smelling really bad. There were multiple scratches and bumps on the outside of the car, the radio and CD player were not working and the steering wheel was damaged (a piece of it missing!!!). The gentleman that was helping me said that they did not have any other cars there, despite having at least another 30 rental cars parked in the lot at the time. I drove the car to Paphos where I would be staying and requested a car change the next day. The manager at the Larnaca location called me back to say that they had arranged for me to pick up another car at the Paphos airport location. The second car I picked at Enterprise/Economy Car Rental, an Opel Corsa, was even worse than the first one! Even more scratches and bumps on the outside and poor interior condition, I called the manager at Larnaca while at the car rental location at Paphos and he told me that was the only car they had (which was clearly a lie).

Both cars had over 110,000 miles on them. These were clearly the worse cars I ever had to drive, not even safe to have them on the road.

I will never rent a car from Economy Car Rentals. It seems that the "Economy" cars you are renting are really old, in bad driving condition and not safe for anybody to drive.

Kosice
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Local car rentals other than stevens & economy car rental

Damn pretty bad experience then.. btw i've booked a car with cyprus-car.com.. will let you know once we're back..

Get answers to your questions about Larnaka City