We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help on choose beach and transportation

Which Larnaka City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need help on choose beach and transportation

Hi,

I will go to Cyprus on next week with my son, he is 7 years old.

Our flight will arrive at Larnaka airport, I checked lots of reviews and found the best beach not in there, seems should be Ayia Napa, is that true? My questions are:

1. Like me, because of my son, shall I need go to Ayia Napa directly from Larnaka airport? How can I go there if I am not going to rent a car?

2. If I just want to have a relax holiday, Larnaka is a good choice or not? Which hotel is most convenience to go to the beach?

I really have no idea about this place, anyway, thank you so much for all your help!! :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help on choose beach and transportation

Yes, best beaches are in the East of the island. Ayia Napa, Protaras and Pernera.

The drive from Larnaca in a car is very, very simply to all 3 of those resorts, it's all 2 lane motorway and very straightforward. Here is a driving map - http://goo.gl/maps/UtbzD it's 40 mins to Ayia Napa from the airport

There are some good family hotels in all 3 resorts. Have a look at the reviews and look at the costs for your dates - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g190372-Cyprus-Hote…

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help on choose beach and transportation

Hi, there are some good beaches in Larnaca I love Pyla Beach in front of the Golden Bay hotel in the tourist area ,there are several places to stay either on Larnaca prom the beach is just across the road or nearby a street or two back. Mckenzie beach up further from the town is lively. Larnaca is my favorite in cyprus it is laid back for a town but there is plenty going on.here is a link to the taxi transfer I use and it is so easy to get from town to town in Larnaca by bus all the inter-city buses stop on Larnaca prom.Julie

http://georgecyprustaxi.com/prices.html

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help on choose beach and transportation

Thank you for your reply:)

4. Re: Need help on choose beach and transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:16