We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry Border Crossing Again

DARLINGTON
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry Border Crossing Again

We have spent holidays in both the North & South but this time to celebrate our 40th anniversary we would like to spend a week each in Limassol & Kyrenia.

We hope to stay at Kanika Pantheon in Limassol and The Ship Inn outside Kyrenia. We have stayed at both in the past and enjoyed.

I will collect and return the hired car after the week in the south.

My problem is how do i transfer to the North .

I would like to hire a car at Larnaca airport for the week in the North.

Some advise it is possible .

Will both the car and ourselves be fully insured.

Would a taxi transfer be easier ,any idea of the cost.

Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks

Stew

Hawkinge, United...
Level Contributor
324 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry Border Crossing Again

Hi Stew

The easiest way is to use the car hire company in the north to transfer you and then pick up the second hire car at the Ship Inn. Most northern car hire companies will do this. For example, we normally use Sevener www.sevener-group.com and they pick us up in Larnaca and transfer us to Kyrenia for £40 each way. Otherwise there are insurance issues with crossing between the two areas.

Allie

2. Re: Sorry Border Crossing Again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about Larnaka City