We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Latchi

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Latchi

We are going to Latchi from 17th-31st July and I wondered if the restaurants became so busy in the evening that we would have to book in advance.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

Been to Latchi a few times now and always found that there are enough restaurants to round. there should be no need to book in advance.

As a tip, there is a small sandwich shop on the harbour front beside the latchi Hotel.Its run by 2 english people and they do a great breakfast for pennies.

They also do a good selection of snacks enough to last you through the day.

I get to Latchi on the 20th of July and will using the place on a regular basis.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

One other thing I forgot to mention.

If you get the chance and hire a car try to get up to Pissouri Village.

It a small Village on the top peninsula between Paphos and Larnica.

The square has about 7 0r 8 tavernas,from the open air amphetheatre you can see for over 30 miles right across Akoroi bay and the air is fresh and clean because of its height. Pissouri Bay is also worth a visit.

Both very small and well kept secrets.

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

Hi A J

Thanks for the tips and info. We will probably be at the sandwich shop many times.

Liz

England
Level Contributor
398 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

Hi

We are just back from 2 perfect weeks at a Villa in Latchi!

The restaurants in the concrete harbour are O.K. but if you like fish ( they do meat also) and want a real restaurant then try Psarapoulos, we ate there for fourteen nights (always do) you go inside and choose your fish from a counter and they weigh it for you so you can decide, we never used the menu, just ask and they will do any combination of things, by the way the two girls who wait on are not Cypriots so don't try your Greek out on them!

On your way into Latchi from Polis you will see La Plage restaurant on your right and Psarapoulos is the next one on the right, just at the end of the beach walkway.

Also go to the bakery in Prodromi just where the speed bumps are, it's fantastic and open on a Sunday too. One last thing if you want a big "Tesco type" supermarket then on your right just going out of Polis on the Argaka road is Papantonious, it's a bit hidden just at the side of a petrol station, they even ask you if you have your discount card because there are so many expats who live/shop there who have one!

Yassas

Paul

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
116 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

Just returned from holiday this morning having stayed at the Souli Beach Hotel in Latchi - we stayed on a B&B board so we can experiment with the local cuisine.

We eat out in Polis twice - both at Chix Chox - the locals seem to use it. My husband had fresh tuna steak one night and sea bass the other. I had the meatballs and their pizza. They serve their meals with jacket potatoes and fresh veg which makes a change from chips!!

They have a set menu for 16 euros for 3 courses - excellent value and a good selection to choose from. If you go for the pizza (not on the set menu) - go small as I went medium and I took a doggy bag home with me!

Being a hotel resident, we also tried the Souli's 3 course set meal (14 euros for residents). This an an even better choice of dishes (probably 3/4 of the main menu) - really lovely food - worth a visit and its a beach front location to enjoy the swishing of the sea.

Also tried a few of the latchi harbour restaurants - they were all nice (a bit too fishy for my liking, but that's my taste!).

Enjoy your visit - I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed myself.

Blackcat73

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

Thank you everyone for the comments. I will print this page and take it with me.

Blackcat27- do you mean the public can use the restaurant at the Souli as well?

Lizmd

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
116 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

Yes, that's right - its a restaurant for all to enjoy!!

We ended up eating there for 3 nights out of 7 as it was so nice (and good value for our special rate).

It's located past the main hub of the habour, past the blue and white villas on the left hand side, about 400m up the road and it has golf ball like lights around the car park - its on the right hand side of the road.

Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Blackcat73

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

Liz - just another restaurant to add to your list (you'll run out of days/nights!), but having returned yesterday from v v v hot (35C) Cyprus, a place we tried this year on harbour in Latchi, but closer to Polis end of harbour & nr harbour carpark, called Sea Fare - lovely Cypriot lady that runs place, great seats (with fans) and views over boats as you watch sunset. Very well cooked & presented food and good wine by the very large glass!! (had me sold). Def worth looking out for. It was really quiet at this end of harbour, but I guess as summer hols approach it gets busier, from what ex-pat locals say they never book down here. They do book for somewhere called 'The Farmhouse' which is great for a taste of Cyprus on a Sunday lunchtime, it's up towards Kathikas and Tweedies Kisonnerga towards Coral Bay, you do need to book, but it is supposed to be really lovely food. Have fun in the sun :-)

Nairn, Scotland
Level Contributor
993 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

Thanks mot1e

I am looking forward to getting some heat but I think you are having good weather down your way so make the most of your extended summer.

I will add your recommendations to my lengthening list. Can't wait, it's less than 3 weeks now.

Liz

wales
Level Contributor
36 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Latchi

If you have a car try the old town taverna in Neo Chorio,3km uphill inland from Latchi.Lovely Authentic food. In Latchi mainly fish restaurants,avoid Porto Latchi restaurant as expensive. There is a taverna just before the Souli Hotel which is nice and authentic. Personally dont like Chix Chox food but the service is usually good. Finikas or Moustakalis in Polis are a better option. Also at the far end of the pedestrian area is Costas Corner for simple snacks and good hosts Costa and Maria. Hope these help

Get answers to your questions about Latchi
Recent Conversations