We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elia Holiday Village

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Elia Holiday Village

We were looking to go here in August 2013, and wondered are there rooms next to the pools. Are the one bed apartments near the pools? My son who will be 12 doesn't like really busy hotels but this looks big enough to be quiet? Also, is there much to do in Latchi, does it have a good bus service. It would be our first visit to Cyprus

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elia Holiday Village

cannot help with the apartments but Latchi is a small 'strip ' resort - it has a marina, shops, tavernas. pretty quiet when we go October but August is high season..... Bus service - it does have a limited service through to Paphos and I am sure someone on here can give you a link to the timetable. You can walk via the coastal path from Latchi to Polis- remember though it will be VERY hot at that time of year. We always hire a small car locally for a few days at least.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elia Holiday Village

Many thanks for replying, I think sadly the resort might be too small for what we are looking for, we like to have plenty of local bus and boat services available as we like to get around and we enjoy not having to drive on holiday. We were originally looking at Zante, but remain undecided. Any suggestions for a medium size family friendly resort Cyprus or Zante would be most appreciated. Many thanks again for your help.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elia Holiday Village

The problem with going in August is that when you find somewhere that does have a decent bus service - i.e., Skiathos etc - the buses are so packed you cannot get on at peak times ! Appreciate it has to be school holidays though. We love the Sporades - Skiathos Skopelos Alonnisos- only Skiathos has a decent bus service that runs from the town along the main road and back again- lots of small resorts scattered along this coast or you can stay near the town and head off to a beach for the day. Boat trips available to the other islands make a lovely change. Parga is a great resort but busy in high season - good mix of nationalities which we like- no bus service but easy to get around and water taxis to the beaches. We used the bus on Zante - stayed neat Tsilivi. The only other place we have been with a decent bus service was Northern Crete. Good hunting !

re Cyprus resorts - we have friends who like the area around Protaras so maybe someone else can advise.

Edited: 29 March 2012, 11:55
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elia Holiday Village

We had visited the Elias resort a few years ago snd had a great time as there were lots of activities for kids. As it was winter time we didn't bother about pools, so I am not aware even if there is any! You could however e-mail them and reserve an apartment near the pool, if available.

Unfortunately I am not aware of any bus service since I have my own wheels. In general, our bus services do not have a good reputation, I don't know however if things are better in tourist areas.

I have also the impression that the same happens to several other greek islands I have visited during the years ( including major ones as Zante, Corfu, Rhodes)

5. Re: Elia Holiday Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 10:25
Get answers to your questions about Latchi