We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Limassol

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
What to do in Limassol

My boyfriend and I are going to Limassol in July..while we will spend most time relaxing I would love to know what the shopping is like and what sites/attractions or day trips are available. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ovar, Portugal
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Limassol

Cyprus s_cks, but if you really have to go, rent a car! If you land at Larnaca, and you are sure to, there are a lot to pick from, or try renting online from Cosmos, it���s a local rental with great price/quality ratio (they have a site on the internet).

You won���t miss shops, cause Limassol has a big tourist area full of shops, bars and taverns, but if you hire a car you will definitely get to see a lot more. Around Limassol there are a lot of monuments and little towns you can see and you don���t have to go on excursion, it���s very well announced on the freeway and on the inner routes.

There is one good thing in Cyprus��� Ayia Napa nightlife��� but it���s about 120Km from Limassol.

Have fun!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
172 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Limassol

Hello;

I just returned from Cyprus and had a wonderful time.

Limassol has quite a nice old town, not too big with some nice stores. I found a nice restaurant in an arcade; I am sorry, but do not remember its name.

Generally, I found prices high, but that is from a Canadian perspective.

We took a couple of bus tours, one into the mountain villages which was a lot of fun and the other to Kyrinia which is in the occupied territory. Both trips are about 7 hours long.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Greece
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Limassol

Limassol has great nightlife. The beaches are not the best of the island (Ayia Napa and Paphos have the best). Make sure in Liamssol to go to the "OLD CASTLE" area. Nice little taverns and bars. Shopping is available at the "tourist area" which is a big strip by the sea and also in the old town (which obviusly is less cheap as it is not tourist area). Go on an excursion to Curium (about half hour outside) if you are in the mood for some ancient history. Rent a car as it is a ncessity in Cyprus. You can find good deals at the airport.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Limassol

If you like shopping, a trip to Nicosia will be right up your street though many of the larger stores are the same as the ones on UK High Streets. Pop across the border to North Nicosia will bring about a totally different shopping experience - the two halves of this divided city are very different.

As others have said, the old town in Limassol is worth exploring. There're also plenty of ancient ruins worth seeing within an hour's drive especially if you're into Aphrodite/Apollo worship. The Curium is a must sea.

A trip to Troodos will give you a change of scenery as well as cool fresh air for which you may be grateful in July. Platres is worth stopping at for dinner.

wales
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Limassol

hi, make sure you visit the fassouri waterpark, its fab.��14 to get in but worth every pound.you cant get there by bus so a taxi is ��10.also if you dont hire a car make sure you go on a tour with your rep or a company(avram )go to paphos and aphrodites rock and the ampitheatre, all for ��21. brilliant day out.limassol is cheaper for shopping than paphos or ayia napa.the old town in limassol is behind the medeival castle and is brilliant, theyve evn got ck shop, m&s!!!, aquascutum and lots more.the thing is in limassol we found is that , you have to look for every thing as no were seems to advertise any were.there is also a small zoo, its on the prom part nearer the old town.buses tend to just run in the resorts and not to other resorts so if you have the money definatly hire a car.they drive onthe same side as us !!!the beach in limassol was filthy and we didnt even stick our feet in it!!!there is meant to be a lovely beach there called "ladies mile" but it is literally miles away.have fun

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
90 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Limassol

I have just been to Cyprus for a holiday (although I was in Ayia Napa) not Limassol. I went on two organised excursions. One was to Paphos to see the mosiacs, a must if you like art/archeology, the other was up to the Troodos mountains which have spectacular scenery, quaint mountain villages and its several degrees cooler than the coast. (I got bitten so spray on some insect repellant). Limassol is famous for its wine so have a good time.

7. Re: What to do in Limassol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2005, 13:38