We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating Drinking out in Limassol?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Eating Drinking out in Limassol?

Am reading a lot about Cyprus being very expensive for food and drink but we dont want to do an all inclusive holiday . Is it really so bad?

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating Drinking out in Limassol?

It is more expensive than it was but it is not all doom and gloom. You can still find cheap food and drink without having to walk for miles. Competition is stiff this year and alot of places are offering specials. Judging by the amount of tourists out here at the moment prices may come down further to attract more custom.

I think Limassol is cheaper than Paphos, it does not rely on tourists so much and Cypriots will not pay silly prices for basic food and drink.

Hotels are expensive for drinks and food but once out of the door you will see a difference. I think if you budget just under what you spend at home you will be ok.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating Drinking out in Limassol?

Thats great thanks for that info

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
780 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating Drinking out in Limassol?

Agree about Limassol being cheaper than Paphos. I have just had 5 nights in Protaras, 5 nights in Limassol and 5 nights in Polis. Limassol and Larnaca were the best value giving quality as well as good price.

The exception was our hotel in Polis, Natura Beach Hotel, where the menu was very competitively priced and the food exceptionally good.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating Drinking out in Limassol?

Hi

I found a really good website called www.cypruseatout.com You can choose from the top of the page whether you want to see restaurants in Limassol, Paphos or where ever and then click on individual restaurants and a lot of them have their menus on there. I was quite horrified by the prices of two of the restaurants that we normally use but they always were quite expensive. We will just have to eat at slightly cheaper places as we have two trips to Limassol booked, one in three weeks time and one in September. I think if you choose your restaurants wisely you will be fine. We are going 11th of July for our first trip so I will let you know if you haven't already been by then.

Twigs

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating Drinking out in Limassol?

Prices are very simalar to the UK. If you go to the Four Seasons or alike expect to pay higher prices. Steak seems to be popular with tourists, it is very expensive and genrally frozen, definately imported.

Out of the tourist area it is cheaper and again away from the seafront.

Alot of Eastern Europeans here at the moment, the majority on poor salaries or on very cheap package deals, so prices are competitive more so than Paphos and Ayia Napa.

ayr,scotland
Level Contributor
371 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating Drinking out in Limassol?

We have just returned from 2 weeks in the Limassol area. We fortunately were all inclusive. We went into the bars on Wednesday night 17th. Do not buy anything which is imported unless you have deep pockets. Small bottle of Magners 5 euros, large bottle 8 euros. Bacardi or Smirnoff around 4 euros add mixer usually draft another 2 euros. Local lager can be had for around 2 euros and local spirits were reasonably priced until you add a mixer. Incidently the bars were almost empty. We tried our favourite local drink the brandy sour in 3 different bars and they were very poor quality. Expect to pay around 2 euros for draught soft drinks, more in hotels. Regarding prices in the UK where I live you certainly could not command these prices in an ordinary bar. Bottles of imported spirits such as Bacardi or Smirnoff can be bought for less in Cyprus than the UK therefor their overheads must be much higher. Cocktails are a bit hit and miss even in our hotel, you could drink them most of the day and feel little effect.

However we had a great holiday, Cyprus still has a lot to offer.

7. Re: Eating Drinking out in Limassol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 05:17