We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limassol

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Strabane
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Limassol

Hi,

Staying in the Arsinoe Hotel - heading there on Sun for a week. How far is this hotel from the town of Limassol itself? Could one walk it if they were energetic enough? What is the temp. at the minute? What's the terrain like - level? Thinking of hiring a car for a few days - is there any companies (reliable) nearby or would it be advisable to book beforehand before I leave? Would it be very hot with a open type jeep?

B D

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limassol

Hi, the Arsinoe is a good walk from the town centre.If you are fit and like the heat you should have no problem with the walk. It is level all the way. Temp is in the 30s so very hot.

Car hire definately in resort, so many sittig on forecourts, you should get a good deal. Tourists are well down at the moment so bargains across the board if you shop around. Jeeps look great but you will feel the sun when you stop, go for a car with air-con and stay cool. So much choice on rentals, I would recommend but I will leave the choice to you. Yellow pages in the hotel is a good start, and please haggle for a deal.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
780 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limassol

Just back and the temp is not just in the 30's it is nearer 40. Not as humid as we get here but I don't think you'd want to walk into Limassol town from the Arsinoe. The bus is 1.50 Euros each way, and a taxi back in the evening would be between €10 - 14.

With a jeep you could go up the mountains and get some breeze and slightly lower temperatures. We had a super time and I hope you do too.

Try Mianco bar next to your hotel, prices are better than most.

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limassol

I wish it was near 40c, we stop work when it reaches that magic figure, well my staff do !

In the low thirties in the shade in the sun up towards 40c.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
44 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limassol

I doubt anyone would want to walk from Arsinoe Hotel into Limassol Town Centre in mid summer!

It is really getting quite a way out on the edge of Limassol, past the main 'Tourist Area' and probably about 4km from Limassol Old Town.

The advice to take a trip up to Troodos is good advice. Platres is charming.

You will have no trouble hiring a vehicle. My advice if your accommodation is in Limassol is to use that vehicle to head out of Limassol - not further into Limassol! But then I used to live there and consider it to be one of the tackiest places in Cyprus.

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limassol

The tourist area can be tacky but it is a tourist area. The rest of Limassol is far from tacky, some of the most expensive properties on the island as well as the best hotels on the island.

The old quarter and the back streets are charming, some real finds if you are prepared to wander. As for the walk from the Arsinoe, yes a treck but if reasonably fit it is not out of the question.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,808 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limassol

We love Limassol, yes parts of it do look very tacky but we have been going for 12-15 years and never visit the tourist area. The old town is charming and the area where we stay is on a nice beach and there is a good beach path for long walks and a few nice restaurants and shops. Limassol is a very good base for touring the island and there is a lot to discover. As has been said there is a regular bus service that you could catch up to the old town. We go in three weeks time for our first trip this year and then again in September. Hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Twigs

7. Re: Limassol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 06:20