We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good 5*hotel

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Good 5*hotel

Hi, Could anyone reccomend a good 5* hotel in this area, We are a couple in our Early forties and we will be travelling with our fourteen year old daughter, we like good quality hotels with nice restaurants, we have travelled to cyprus before but have always stayed in other areas thought we might try this area for a change. any recommendations would help.

Thanks in advance

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,169 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good 5*hotel

We have been staying at the Four Seasons for about 15 years and you cannot beat it. It is extremely pricey though even for a five star. The staff are wonderful and the bathrooms are nice with a jacuzzi bath. The main swimming pool is great although the sunbeds are quite close together. There is also an adult only pool but you do have to be 16 to use that and it is not heated and quite small and also a grassy area leading down to the beach to sunbathe. It is in the quieter Amathus area and not in the tourist area or town centre. You really need to have a sea view room but these are very expensive and can put an extra £1000.00 on your bill. Food and drink is also very expensive. The Amathus Beach is another lovely hotel on the same stretch of beach. Le Meridian is another five star you could look at but I cannot talk from experience as I have only looked round it when it first opened but never stayed there. That is right at the far end which is the opposite end of the beach road to the town centre. If you want a very good four star I would certainly recommend the Mediterranean Beach.

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good 5*hotel

Hi, Thanks for that informative reply, We have looked at the four seasons hotel and it is our favourite at the moment, but it is expensive, we have been quoted £2,600 for a week in may, bed and breakfast in a superior room, could you tell me if this is a sea view room or not, we love the look of the hotel and we are prepared to pay it, but will look at the good four star you have recommended as well.

Thanks charzmum

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,169 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good 5*hotel

I am not sure whether this would be a sea view as they call all their basic rooms superior, either superior inland or superior sea view. I would check with who ever has given you the quote. We have only once had an inland view and while it was OK the sea view really makes the difference. The inland view does have a view of the mountains in the distance but you get all the apartment blocks complete with satellite dishes and the highway in front of the mountains. The beach road that runs along in front of the hotel can be noisy but not as bad as some people say on this forum. The Four Seasons also has a nice forecourt and lays back a bit so that helps.

Have you priced up the Amathus? We have also stayed at the Amathus in Paphos and they are nice hotels. The Limassol Amathus has a really nice grassy area with lots of sunbeds and is a bit more spaced out than the Four Seasons. Their beach area is quite self contained. They have a really nice fish restaurant down near the beach called Liminaki. There is a beach path that runs in both directions in front of all these hotels which is nice for a stroll or a jog. Otherwise the area is fairly quiet with a few restaurants, shops and bars. There are two or three nice restaurants in the immediate area and a couple more good ones I could tell you about in various areas around Limassol.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good 5*hotel

The Londa Beach Hotel in the tourist area is a really good one

lancs
Level Contributor
985 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Good 5*hotel

Hi,have a look at The Miramare Beach Resort,it's a 4*+,it's a lovely hotel,on the beach and you can request a sea view there,we always book this hotel with first choice,and have been here many times over the years.

Marie.

lancs
Level Contributor
985 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Good 5*hotel

Hi,have a look at The Miramare Beach Resort,it's a 4*+,it's a lovely hotel,on the beach and you can request a sea view there,we always book this hotel with first choice,and have been here many times over the years.

Marie.

7. Re: Good 5*hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Limassol
Recent Conversations