We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire in Limassol

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cardiff
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
car hire in Limassol

HI, we are staying at the Atlantica Oasis in Limassol for 2 weeks in May, and looking to hire a car for about a week. Does anyone know if it is better to organise this before leaving the UK, or better to wait until arrival in Limassol.? Also is it easy and safe to drive around as I will have two toddlers with me. Thanks.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,707 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire in Limassol

I think you will be quite safe driving around. The main roads are very good now and of course they drive on the same side of the road as us. I would wait until you get there to sort out car hire if I were you.

cardiff
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire in Limassol

Great, thanks for your reply. I don't want to get stung using car hire with First Choice but am a bit unsure if it is safe enough to use a local car hire company, are you able to recommend either way?

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire in Limassol

Hi,

you may find what looks like a cheap deal with a small local company but to be honest i would always recommend booking through a reputable car hire company- that way you know you are fully covered! First Choice should have special rates with the car hire companies so you might find it works out cheaper to book through your rep when you arrive

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,707 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire in Limassol

You should put car hire Limassol in the search box at the top of the page. Then if you scroll down you will find a post from Leica in June 2009 - one of his final posts. He was always very knowledgable on this forum but has disappeared of late. He always recommended hiring in resort. I don't have any particular recommendations myself as we have an arrangement with a friend.

lancs
Level Contributor
968 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: car hire in Limassol

Hi here is a link for a reputable car hire firm in Limassol & Paphos,we have used this company for about 18 years now and have never had any problems with them.The owner Michael is very helpful and will give you a good price,you can pick up and drop the car off at the airport ,or have it delivered to your hotel.There is nothing to pay untill you get your car,and everything is included in the price.

westend@cy​tanet.com.c​y

Hope you get sorted.

Marie.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: car hire in Limassol

Hi again, if you do decide to book before you come, make sure you specify that you are travelling with young children. Most reputable car hire companies will provide child seats but it is better to tel them know in advance so that provide the correct type of seat/ booster seat for your children

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,973 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car hire in Limassol

Have a look at toandfromtheairportcyprus

I think it is better to sort this out before you leave home, dont use your travel agent you will end up paying over the top.the hire firms listed on this site are good.

lancs
Level Contributor
968 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: car hire in Limassol

Hi again,when we have had our grandchildren with us,Westend Travel supplied child seats at no extra cost,you can be assured this is a reputable company.

Marie.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,973 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: car hire in Limassol

have a look at

lowcostholidays.com

under travel extras i recommended this one to someone last week the lady was well impressed.

10. Re: car hire in Limassol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 06:17