We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental Hotel, Limassol

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
794 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Continental Hotel, Limassol

I was very disappointed in June to find that the Continental Hotel has closed. However, on visiting the CTO next door I was pleased to hear that the University is taking it over and the exterior will be preserved.

Hopefully the lovely copper murals showing the hotel in earlier days have also been retained.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental Hotel, Limassol

Shame it had amazing sea views.the Pier beach apts next to St Catherines Church, are good.Julie

norfolk
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental Hotel, Limassol

On our visit to Limassol in June, we noticed that the Continental Hotel was boarded up. We have fond memories of this place. When we were posted to RAF Episkopi in April1971, we stayed at this hotel on our first night. Next day, we had the task of viewing and selecting a "hiring" which would be our home for two months until a Service Hiring became available. During a visit to the Continental for coffee last year, we did note how run down the interior was, but we are glad that the exterior is being preserved.

Mentioned in this post
Continental
Continental
8 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Continental Hotel, Limassol

The establishment of the university in Limassol as well as the planned Marina project are seeing all kinds of restoration works going on in Limassol. It is great to see so many beautiful but sadly run down old buildings being restored to their former glory. Regular visitors to Limassol will see plenty of (positive) changes over the next few years

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Continental Hotel, Limassol

I agree Limassol has seen a lot of positive changes over the years.The main sea front road is a lot better.The shopping mall at Zakari,you can shop till you drop.loads of restraunts,even an ice rink,I hear new port is going to be quite trendy.The carob mills down by the castle have also been turned into restraunts ect.It is good that the Continental will be keeping some of its culture.I feel that they took the charactor out of the square by knocking out that lovely old bar across from the castle. the one that had the fountain in front.it has now been replaced by tacky looking models that do not fit in with the castle.Julie

Mentioned in this post
Continental
Continental
8 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
5. Re: Continental Hotel, Limassol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 06:16