We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elias beach wedding

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Elias beach wedding

Hi, does anyone know if you have to be a resident at the hotel to get married at the elias beach in Limassol? I've asked several wedding planning companies but it seems they are unable to answer a question!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Elias beach wedding

Hi falrep

Not too sure about Limassol hotels but in Paphos No you don't have to be a resident but if your not they charge you a little extra for the services they provide such as the hire of the Gazebo

Kev

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elias beach wedding

Hi kev, thanks for that. I looked at a couple in paphos but again thought you had to stay there. Think one was called ameathus beach(??). Do you happen to know one that has a really wow ceremony venue at all as I'm struggling. I'd like to overlook the sea/beach but not the topless sunbathers and ideally just looking for somewhere to hold ceremony then a nice meal as hoping to book yacht for disco party bit at sea

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,516 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elias beach wedding

Amathus Beach is a great hotel. I have seen a few weddings there. Email them and ask them whether you have to be a resident.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elias beach wedding

I have done, you can't :-( still no answer on elias beach though arghhhhhh

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elias beach wedding

Hi,I am sending you a private message,I think I know someone that can help you.I have read on 2 sites [not Elias ] the answer is no,but the comments were made some time back and may well have changed.I am not long back from the Elias it is a lovely place to have a wedding.They are going fully AI from April this year .Julie

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Elias beach wedding

Hi falrep

I was at a wedding at the Elias last year and the bride was not staying at the hotel, the ceremony on the pier was absolutely stunning and breathtaking. The only drawback for me was the jetty went that far out I could not see the topless sunbathers lol.

The 5* do stipulate that you have to stay at the hotel but too be honest this you would have to clarify with the hotel as they do change their policy every year, so much so it's a nightmare as you have to keep checking on them.

Kev

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Elias beach wedding

Up until recently you did not have to be a resident at the Elias Beach to have your wedding there- provided you also had the reception at the hotel, there was however an additional charge for non-residents for use of the ceremony venue. However the hotel has now changed over to All Inclusive, as far as i know it is still possible for non-residents to have their wedding there and the venue fee is around Euro 600, however because it is an AI hotel all guests will have to pay an AI day pass on top of any reception costs

hope this helps?

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elias beach wedding

Hi Bookcyprus, We will be attending a wedding in the Elias Beach Hotel in September, the bride and groom will be resident, but we will be staying at the Arsinoe Hotel. In your previous post you said that guests would have to pay an AI day pass. Do you have any idea how much this costs each.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Yvonne

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elias beach wedding

we are getting married next june in the elias hotel and have had maria (food & beverage manager)helping us with everything. She has been great so far. You do not need to be resident to get married here but it is a nextra 600 euros to hire the venue if you dont. The AI you have to pay is for any guests you have coming to your wedding that dont stay in the hotel with you (minimum 7 nights) Its about 18 euros each( i could be wrong as things change but im sure this is what i was quoted). I guess its best to encourage everyone to stay here if you can otherwise you will have that extra bit to pay, plus if you have 30 adults staying in the hotel as part of your wedding party - you get your stay free!Hope it al goes well for you.

Natalie

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Elias beach wedding

Thanks Natalie

Your help is much appreciated.

Yvonne

Get answers to your questions about Limassol
Recent Conversations